Still waiting?

This is a discussion on Still waiting? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Well I guess motorola are going to make us wait till the last day....is there any word? Im giving them till the end of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still waiting?

Still waiting?

Well I guess motorola are going to make us wait till the last day....is there any word? Im giving them till the end of the month and then im jumping ship.....

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Go ahead and jump now then. More than likely it'll not be here before October. Last timeframe update we have is late Q3 or early Q4. If you're really that impatient, just go ahead and save yourself some time and sanity. You'll just be disappointed later.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I'm disappointed now..... I'm generally not an I impatient person but this is nuts. Sorry if I sounded like I was ranting. As of now, I would be happy with vanilla 1.5..... And that's pretty sad, they do say "any thing worth having is worth waiting for" lol.....

If you're okay with your Backflip now, why are you getting so worked up over the 2.1 update?

Just do what you're doing so that when it does come out, it'll be a pleasant surprise...

Sent from my Motorola Backflip
    If you like my work, and want to buy me a beer, click HERE...

I would be happy with 1.5 and no motoblur... The mototola update page still says Q3 so ill try not to rant any more....

I was hoping for the 2.1 update so that possibly my Bluetooth issue will be corrected. I have scoured the App Market and found nothing to solve my problem, I am admittedly not familiar with Unix and this is my first Android phone. I love the potential for the Backflip, but I can not get the thing to sync consistently with my car's Bluetooth.

I have a 2010 Kia Soul + that has the hands free system as part of the audio. Prior to getting the Backflip, I was using the Samsung SYNC SGH-A707, which worked perfectly with the system. I left the Bluetooth active on the phone all the time and never had to pull the phone out when driving. I started the car and a few seconds later, I would hear... "Transfer complete" coming from the audio system, this means that all of my contacts have transferred to the audio system. If I got out of the car and walked out of range with the car still running, when I returned the system would say "Connection complete" and a few seconds later would say "Transfer complete".

Now, with the Backflip, shortly after starting the car it says, "connection complete", then about 15-20 seconds later it will say "connection complete" and continue to do so until I get irritated and turn the Bluetooth off. Occasionally it will start out with "Connection complete" and then a few seconds later say "Transfer complete", but that is very rare.

On another forum, I had a fellow inform me that it was impossible for the Backflip to EVER sync with the car's system, it wasn't capable, but yet it intermittently does and works well when it does. I hope there is a patch out there somewhere or something that someone has done to solve this and can share the knowledge.

I went to the AT&T store yesterday and all the rep could do was tell me what a sorry phone I had. Of course he was one of those people who had an Apple iPhone 4 (communist's-all of them!), I doubt that I was getting good information since this phone has some pretty freakin' awesomeness about it (though there is room for improvement). I like it better than my daughters iPhone 3G, mainly because it has an actual keyboard.

Perhaps someone has an answer for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Wish I could help, but none of my vehicles currently have bluetooth so I can't really offer any advise or suggestions. Have you tried posting in the official Motorola forums to see if anyone can offer assistance?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC4196 View Post
    I was hoping for the 2.1 update so that possibly my Bluetooth issue will be corrected. I have scoured the App Market and found nothing to solve my problem, I am admittedly not familiar with Unix and this is my first Android phone. I love the potential for the Backflip, but I can not get the thing to sync consistently with my car's Bluetooth.

I have a 2010 Kia Soul + that has the hands free system as part of the audio. Prior to getting the Backflip, I was using the Samsung SYNC SGH-A707, which worked perfectly with the system. I left the Bluetooth active on the phone all the time and never had to pull the phone out when driving. I started the car and a few seconds later, I would hear... "Transfer complete" coming from the audio system, this means that all of my contacts have transferred to the audio system. If I got out of the car and walked out of range with the car still running, when I returned the system would say "Connection complete" and a few seconds later would say "Transfer complete".

Now, with the Backflip, shortly after starting the car it says, "connection complete", then about 15-20 seconds later it will say "connection complete" and continue to do so until I get irritated and turn the Bluetooth off. Occasionally it will start out with "Connection complete" and then a few seconds later say "Transfer complete", but that is very rare.

On another forum, I had a fellow inform me that it was impossible for the Backflip to EVER sync with the car's system, it wasn't capable, but yet it intermittently does and works well when it does. I hope there is a patch out there somewhere or something that someone has done to solve this and can share the knowledge.

I went to the AT&T store yesterday and all the rep could do was tell me what a sorry phone I had. Of course he was one of those people who had an Apple iPhone 4 (communist's-all of them!), I doubt that I was getting good information since this phone has some pretty freakin' awesomeness about it (though there is room for improvement). I like it better than my daughters iPhone 3G, mainly because it has an actual keyboard.

Perhaps someone has an answer for me, it would be greatly appreciated.
    The bluetooth implementation in Android 1.5 is lacking compared to 2.0+. Bluetooth as a whole still hasn't been sorted out with Android (or iOS), but it's stable enough to not be any issue with 2.0+. The Backflip is gimped in many more ways with 1.5, as anyone who has used one can attest to. Just look at the Droid Eris, or the HTC Tattoo. They both have the same MSM7201 base chipset, and all the MSM720x chipsets have the SAME bluetooth module (TI-BRF6300). It's capable of bluetooth spec 2.0 +EDR, but with Android's lack of a proper BT stack in the lower revisions, there is where your issue lies. Have you considered rooting and installing PreClair 2.1?

I finally have my Bluetooth figured out in regards to my Backflip and Kia Soul. Through much irritation, I finally discovered that if I have the Bluetooth deactivated when I start the car, then I wait for the Syrius radio to log in and cycle through to the artist and song playing, then turn on the Bluetooth... it works 100% of the time.

I figured all of this out after the 2.0 update was installed on the Backflip. I am really enjoying my phone now, I have learned a great many things about the Android system and am a firm supporter (no Apple products for me) of the platform. I do wish that Motorola would have given the Backflip a more powerful processor and maybe a more detailed user manual. My theory is that most of the problems that were had with this phone were simply because users were not familiar with the whole platform, I know I wasn't. I am still no expert, but the phone works great if you keep the internal memory free of too many processes at once. My main accomplishment was in resetting the phone and not setting up my facebook account. This helped the phone greatly when syncing with the Bluetooth since it went from handling 600+ contacts to 30-40, the ones I actually use. I still access facebook, but now I use an app and it works great. I never did the status update stuff anyway since battery life is affected greatly by widgets. That really seems to be the only thing that is missed. By doing this my battery life, screen lag and all around operation has been great. Too bad the suggested manual and more powerful processor weren't part of the package, if it had been, perhaps the Backflip wouldn't be an obsolete phone now. I can't even find screen protectors for it any more.

In my household, we have three smartphones... my daughter has an iPhone4 and my wife has the iPhone 3GS, I am proud to say that I am NOT a part of the iPhone cult. It is a great product, but I do not like being married to Apple/iTunes and I like being able to update my phone over the air instead of plugging it in to my PC. The only time I ever really had to plug it in for an update was the 2.0 upgrade and that was well worth it and Motorola did a great job of giving step by step instructions which I printed out and read (several times) beforehand.

Wait wait wait. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the 2.1 update was already released? I'm running a custom ROM but it's created based off official 2.1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links