HOW Many of you....

This is a discussion on HOW Many of you.... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Lets Ask the Question, Just to see what People Say!I realize a lot of people switched from their "old" phones to this one, But how ...

Thread: HOW Many of you....

HOW Many of you....

Lets Ask the Question, Just to see what People Say!I realize a lot of people switched from their "old" phones to this one, But how many of you have had to have the phone replaced by our LOVELY warranty department? IMHO, the worst people to deal with @ AT&T, but i'll rant about that one later...I've got one HELL of a Good Story about our Warranty department LOL!Besides that - I'm going on my 4th Backflip, The Last two have been randomly opening apps, and deleting apps once I get them installed (without the root mind you) Amongst Google Not pushing my email to the device, and it's NOW not seeing my Department Email (which REALLY Ticks me off) So, Just how many have been through this??Nate
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Mine has been replaced once because it would reboot if you used the camera twice within a few minutes. Staff at the store checked it out, found no water damage, and was able to replicate the problem. Said that it's still under warranty, just call them, mention this case # and they'll send you another phone. Sounds easy, right? Called the warranty department and spoke to "Sandy". Judging from her accent, I know that her name is not "Sandy". Whatever. She can call herself whatever she wants. I give her the case # and tell that I have already been to an AT&T store. She keeps saying "thank you". She has me go through all the steps that were done at the store. She won't listen to anything I tell her. Just keeps saying thank you. I tell that I'd like to speak to a supervisor. She then asks me if she can place me on hold. I've been on the phone for 45 minutes already. She's not going to get rid of me that easily. The supervisor comes on the line and asks for my credit card #. Tells me that they are going to charge me the cost of the phone and will issue a refund once the phone has been returned, tested, and found to be faulty. I ask him if he is able to read. I asked him to read through the case and tell me what it says. I told him that the phone was found to be faulty by the staff at an AT&T store and I expected that he would have the replacement sent to me overnight. He eventually agreed. I started out the call being calm and polite. But by the time an hour had passed, I was PO'ed. The phone still has some small issues, I just don't use it as much anymore. Once my daughter finishes school in the spring, I'll cancel my service with AT&T and go to another carrier. Just tired of the crappy service.

I've not had any of the horror problems some people have had with the Backflip , and I must say that ten years of being an AT&T costumer I have always thought highly of their costumer service....never had to talk to warranty though.

I had an excellent experience replacing my wifes fone (motorola backflip) after it lost the ability to connect to the cell service.. i suspect some ninja tried to root it in the middle of the night and caused an unrepairable problem.

I called att the next day for the misses and they were very friendly on the fone (keep in mind this is the wireless/cell service/warranty replacement departments I'm dealing with). All 'english as a first language' folks with no communication problems. Explained to everyone along the way that I'd already done a factory reset and that the fone hadn't been dropped or wet. Replacement sent out within a few days (this was the weekend I called) and no problems. Even provided the return shipping packaging that I was able to drop off at the corner to go back with no charge to me (just had to ship back within 10 days).

I suspect that same ninja reflashed the android rom before sending it back (and corrected the cell connection), so now theres no trace of his aweful work.

Now, AT&T's internet support is HORRIBLE. Those calls always go to overseas, ESL (english as a second language) folks who's only job it is is to follow the troubleshooting script in front of them. About 1 in 3 support folks at att's internet support will listen to me when I tell them I've already followed their troubleshooting script and don't need to waste an hour on the fone playing troubleshooter with them.. Then even when you do get a competent tech that knows something about what you're talking about it still takes at least 30-45 minutes, multiple support reps and departments to arrange any onsite appointments, assuming they even make them, let alone follow up when they miss them.

ATT Wireless (and the pass off to the warranty department) support GOOD.

ATT Internet support BAD.

thats my 2 cents..

What's this stuff about some ninja trying to root the phone? Either you (or your wife) tried (or did) to root the phone or you didn't. I doubt someone just broke into your home in the middle of the night just to root your wife's phone.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

i'm still suspicious of ninja's..

/looks around suspiciously

Lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    what's this stuff about some ninja trying to root the phone? Either you (or your wife) tried (or did) to root the phone or you didn't. I doubt someone just broke into your home in the middle of the night just to root your wife's phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    What's this stuff about some ninja trying to root the phone? Either you (or your wife) tried (or did) to root the phone or you didn't. I doubt someone just broke into your home in the middle of the night just to root your wife's phone.
    There's a WHOOOSH for ya...

Sent from my ROOTED Backflip via Tapatalk Pro!

No, no "whooosh". Just own up to it. If you rooted your phone, I seriously doubt anyone here really cares. Don't try to blame it on the imaginary friends you have living in your house.

I do have doubts though that simply rooting the phone would have caused a hardware issue. More likely it's a simple software issue that worst case can be resolved by using RSD Lite to flash back the stock 13.37 .sbf image.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I've had really good experiences with customer service. When I got the Backflip, I gave my Pearl to my little sister not knowing that data plans had become mandatory for BBs. When I called to get the charges removed the next month, he not only took them off, but gave an extra $30 credit.

Granted, I have a Premier account, so that might be the difference.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links