Data Plan/Wifi?

This is a discussion on Data Plan/Wifi? within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Ok, Im About to buy The Backflip With the 200mb Data Plan because my mom said it was okay. Can Use Wifi For The Month ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Data Plan/Wifi?

Post Data Plan/Wifi?

Ok, Im About to buy The Backflip With the 200mb Data Plan because my mom said it was okay.

Can Use Wifi For The Month Without Going Over The 200mb Data Usage?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by killa83 View Post
    Can Use Wifi For The Month Without Going Over The 200mb Data Usage?
    That depends entirely on you. Personally I could never do it. I listen to Yankee games while driving, SiriusXM, Pandora, Rdio, and the occasional tethering... The list goes on and on. If you go with the 200mb plan you're gonna have to show alot of discipline.

More importantly though... Why are you choosing the Backflip?? AT&T has much better Android phones at this point. I kinda like playing with my wife's Backflip but it is honestly obsolete at this point. It MIGHT get 2.1 but it definitely won't get 2.2. You'd be buying a phone thats on it's last leg and you'll be stuck with it for 2 years assuming you're entering or extending a contract. The Aria is a nice phone that can be had for free or very cheaply. You can even get the Captivate at a good price if you look around.

The Backflip will pretty much definitely be getting 2.1, Motorola is in the process of testing the upgrade if you follow the official Motorola forums. As far as getting an upgrade to 2.2 goes, it is unlikely, but nothing is definite at this point. Also, even though we may not get an official upgrade, now that the phone has been rooted, we may see community support in getting 2.2.

Now, with that being said... I do agree that the Aria and Captivate are better phones unless you really want a physical keyboard for texting or for some other reason.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I probably use 200mb in a week.....like sirrx7 says if you use any form of radio/streaming music you will use a whole lot of data, I guess it sucks for new at&t people that they MUST choose a data plan.

As others have said, staying under 200MB is pretty much impossible if you plan to do a lot of data streaming over 3G. Personally, I use about 300MB a month on average, and I don't do any data streaming. I also spend more time on wi-fi than on 3G. So I would recommend the 2GB plan. (I still have the unlimited data plan and I'm going to stick with it, since it's only an extra $5 a month over the 2GB plan, and who knows how my data usage will change?)

I grandfathered my unlimited plan, too. I listen to redsox games, broncos games, pandora, and the occasional tether. I use almost 1GB a month

Sent from my rooted backflip using Tapatalk

But to make it more clear, I have gone over 2 and I have gone under 200, it all depends....

Sent from my rooted backflip using Tapatalk

Im Just Getting Backflip because i really dont want any other phone and plus i can't pay for another android phone. And all would Do is Download apps and use the motoblur Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by killa83 View Post
    Im Just Getting Backflip because i really dont want any other phone and plus i can't pay for another android phone. And all would Do is Download apps and use the motoblur Stuff
    Fair enough. Keep in mind though that until the Backflip is upgraded to 2.1 you will be limited in what apps you can download. Alot of apps WILL not run on anything below 1.6. Do your homework. You can usually find alternatives to apps that won't run on your Android 1.5 Backflip.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    With 3G it's VERY easy to go over 200MB. With EDGE it's a different story. If you can use 200MB on EDGE, view it as an accomplishment! There's an app in the market that will disable your mobile data though I'm at a loss for it's name, so if you think (or know) you're near your 200MB limit, then hop onto WiFi, download that app from the marketplace and just use WiFi until you start your next billing period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links