(RANT!!! That was the Warning!) My Two Cents! (LONG!)

This is a discussion on (RANT!!! That was the Warning!) My Two Cents! (LONG!) within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; HOLY S!!! Not sure how or why this happened but I called AT&T to arrange the phone exchange fully expecting the Aria or one of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (RANT!!! That was the Warning!) My Two Cents! (LONG!)

HOLY S!!! Not sure how or why this happened but I called AT&T to arrange the phone exchange fully expecting the Aria or one of the upcoming Motorola phones. I spoke with Ashley in the Warranty dept. and told her that I was willing to make a lateral move or even 1 step below but I did not want another Backflip. I explained that I'd prefer an Android phone as I had already invested money in Apps. but ultimately just wanted a phone that could be relied upon NOT to just turn off or reboot randomly. After going through the proper steps she checked with her Supervisors and the first phone out of her mouth was the Samsung Captivate. I of course acted as if I was accepting of the offer while inside I was like hell freakin YES!!!
    The second phone offered was the Blackberry Bold. No thanks.
    I'm not sure why the choice given were 2 $199.00 phones. The Aria or the X10 were never mentioned. I'm obviously not complaining and gotta give AT&T credit because they're customer support came through in a big big way.

Another deciding factor may be the fact that I was willing to make the lateral or 1 step down move. The wife likes Android but at this point we were willing to accept almost ANY other phone as long as it'd stay on throughout the day. If you get on the phone raising hell and demanding a specific exchange they're gonna realize you're trying to pull some sort of scam and you can almost guaranty you won't get what you're looking for. The men and women you talk to from AT&T are human and giving them respect definitely goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrx7 View Post
    HOLY S!!! Not sure how or why this happened but I called AT&T to arrange the phone exchange fully expecting the Aria or one of the upcoming Motorola phones. I spoke with Ashley in the Warranty dept. and told her that I was willing to make a lateral move or even 1 step below but I did not want another Backflip. I explained that I'd prefer an Android phone as I had already invested money in Apps. but ultimately just wanted a phone that could be relied upon NOT to just turn off or reboot randomly. After going through the proper steps she checked with her Supervisors and the first phone out of her mouth was the Samsung Captivate. I of course acted as if I was accepting of the offer while inside I was like hell freakin YES!!!
    The second phone offered was the Blackberry Bold. No thanks.
    I'm not sure why the choice given were 2 $199.00 phones. The Aria or the X10 were never mentioned. I'm obviously not complaining and gotta give AT&T credit because they're customer support came through in a big big way.

Another deciding factor may be the fact that I was willing to make the lateral or 1 step down move. The wife likes Android but at this point we were willing to accept almost ANY other phone as long as it'd stay on throughout the day. If you get on the phone raising hell and demanding a specific exchange they're gonna realize you're trying to pull some sort of scam and you can almost guaranty you won't get what you're looking for. The men and women you talk to from AT&T are human and giving them respect definitely goes a long way.
    I think you hit the answer right there. Having worked in customer service for several years for various companies (and none for ATT, sorry) respect and rationality will go a long way toward making the representative go "above and beyond" in trying to help you. Call in acting like a jerk and there is a good chance they'll just read you the script and that's that. Probably shouldn't be that way, but we're talking about human nature here.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I agree with you guys to an extent! Some times though, being nice gets you no where, and you have to put your foot down. Me, I try to be nice to the Reps when I first call in, but usually for one BS reason or another I end up not being nice. Working in call centers myself I know what its like, so I dont like to be that guy raising hell, but some times you have to do it to get stuff done. For example when I asked a rep to get his supervisor, three tries later and still he was acting like the village idiot. Now we all have those days, so it was obvious I needed some one in the game to work with, not some one with there head in the clouds. Finally I had to give it to him straight. I said quit stuttering, shut up and put the supervisor on the phone. Guess what? The 3 times I asked nicely to get the supervisor went unanswered, but believe me, when I let him have it, that was the end of it. I had a supervisor on the line, and despite being nice, the b!tch lied and told me there was a credit applied. When switching from one rep to another, I usually let them know of my frustration, but try to wipe the slate clean to an extent, and try to be nice.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

I know there are times when you have to be more forceful. I've had to do it myself (most memorable was with the movers when we were trying to move back to Kentucky from Minnesota for the wife's job). The point though is that alot of people START OFF acting like jerks and then can't figure out why the person they were speaking with wasn't helpful.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links