I don't get it...

This is a discussion on I don't get it... within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Can someone PLEASE tell me why my backflip is soooo slow!! I don't have many apps on here so I know it's not that. Frustrating!!!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't get it...

I don't get it...

Can someone PLEASE tell me why my backflip is soooo slow!! I don't have many apps on here so I know it's not that. Frustrating!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What do you consider slow? What are you trying to do? The Backflip is a mid-range phone. It isn't a high end smartphone like the Captivate or Nexus One. It's closer to the HTC Hero.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Just laggy(sp) If i get a text and want to reply it takes like...20 seconds to get to the screen right write back. Little stuff like that. i want a new phone b/c i'm sick of this one but my upgrade isnt for another year or so

It shouldn't take 20 seconds to change screens so that you can reply to a text. What apps do you having installed/running. Are you using any task killers?

The Backflip isn't a high end device but it shouldn't be as sluggish as you're claiming unless there is something going on causing it.

Just a quick question: Is the backflip you first smartphone? Something a lot of people I know who have never had a smartphone before run into is that they never reboot the phone. They never had to before. But any android device is more than a simple phone. It is a small computer. If you never fully turn the device off, it will get bogged down no whether or not you have a task killer. My backflip works great, but if I ever go three or four days without rebooting, it gets laggy. If I turn it off and wait a minute or so to reboot, everything works great when I turn it back on.

I do that every week because I found out that it helps too.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Every week? I do it every other day when I charge my phone.

Something I found that helped improve performance, when you get the phone and bring it home, to a factory reset. In your case you have already installed apps. Thats fine use soemthing like app monster to back up to your SD Card and then format the phone. Then use droid explorer to reinstall all of your apps after formatting. One thing myself and others suspected was that the phone seems to keep some aspect of the demo mode running the background and this seemed to improve performance and battery life. Also make sure you are up to date by doing settings-about phone-System update.

I wouldn't advise to use Droid Explorer to reinstall your apps. If you do, any Market apps won't receive updates and you'll have to manually find and install updates in the future.

I would only use adb or Droid Explorer or whatever any apps which aren't already in the Market.

Well Im guessing he doesnt have root, so its not possible to reinstall the apps via the phone, so I think Droid Explorer is the best thing going. Its got an easy to use GUI making it n00b friendly.

If he had root it would be different but I cant recommend how to go in that case. I have the market hack but wasnt able to get appmonster to reinstall all my apps. I tried Market Doctor in Titanium Backup to try to fix the market problem you mentioned but it only found 2 apps out of 100(well apps,games and themes).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links