Backflip to Captivate

This is a discussion on Backflip to Captivate within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I heard that if you turn in your backflip after the 30 day grace period they will trade it in for the Captivate. Is this ...

Thread: Backflip to Captivate

Backflip to Captivate

I heard that if you turn in your backflip after the 30 day grace period they will trade it in for the Captivate. Is this true?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Doubtful. If you're having repeated troubles with a phone they generally will only exchange it for a like phone only. You MAY be able to get them to replace it with a HTC Aria or the Xperia, but I doubt you'll be able to get them to swap it for a Captivate (though I suppose it is possible if you get a nice enough rep).
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Member wikidcerealkilla_attdroids's Avatar
    The warrenty dept is the one who replaces phones. I can say as of a few weeks ago the captivate was not listed as a replacement for the phone. The aria is... as well as some other smartphones, non android. But i can tell you, because i have owned the backflip, which i traded for this aria after 3 swap outs for different backflips, and my sister having the captivate, that the aria is one hell of a phone out the box and if you really look hard you dont find too many problems like the others are having. The captivate has serious lag after time and horrible gps. So its got a bigger screen, its bulky and ur used to the backflip screen. If you have a chance to get off the backflip and into an aria do it... you will be happy

HTC Aria Cyanogen 6 overclocked to 845mhz using Tapatalk Pro
    HTC Aria... rooted
    Clockwork recovery
    CYANOGEN 7 Gingerbread
    Overclocked to 805 MHz

Former phones...
    HTC G1... that I have since rooted and gave to brother.
    Motorola Backflip... many calls and replacements till they gave me the Aria
    IPhone 3g... enough said

I spoke with them yesterday and they said they could only get me the backflip. But I dont want the backflip again. How do I get them to send me the Aria? And you're saying the Aria is better than the Backflip???

Basically... you have to have the same problem 3 times and they will send something different. I had them send me 3 replacement backflips cause they kept rebooting... after try 3 they sent me a new aria

HTC Aria... rooted
    Clockwork recovery
    CYANOGEN 7 Gingerbread
    Overclocked to 805 MHz

Former phones...
    IPhone 3g... enough said

I've never had to replace the phone tho, I've had to go to a local AT&T store to get replacement batteries. I've reset the phone a couple of times. I'm just not happy with the phone.

Okay i am just giving you the information... do what u want with it... if u catch my drift lol

HTC Aria... rooted
    Clockwork recovery
    CYANOGEN 7 Gingerbread
    Overclocked to 805 MHz

Former phones...
    IPhone 3g... enough said

Thanks for your help. I'll try and figure out a way to get a different phone.

I really don't advise lying to them just because you now have buyer's remorse. The warranty exchange isn't there just because you've decided that you don't like your phone and you've exceeded your 30 day exchange window. That is why the 30 day window is there.

Really if you just want a different phone you need to just try selling your Backflip and then buy an Aria or Captivate or whichever phone you want.

If people abuse things like this then they'll just remove the policy or make it more complicated and cumbersome.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Nobody said anything about lying. It's not that i just want a "new" phone. I have had too many problems with this one and they should be able to do something about it. I have been a customer for AT&T since 1996. I'm a pretty loyal customer. Thanks for your input that wasn't needed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links