Weather in Table Top Mode

This is a discussion on Weather in Table Top Mode within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Motorola Multimedia Desktop Charger for Droid 2, Droid - Droid Charging Docks - Droid Forums Store I noticed this and was wondering if this is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather in Table Top Mode

Weather in Table Top Mode

Motorola Multimedia Desktop Charger for Droid 2, Droid - Droid Charging Docks - Droid Forums Store
    I noticed this and was wondering if this is possible on the backflip when in table top mode?
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

??? Can you elaborate a bit more? Thats exactly what the Backflip looks like when in tabletop mode. The only exception is that the music note icon isn't there. If yours doesn't show the weather it needs to be enabled. When in tabletop mode hit menu > weather settings > show weather. While there you can also set your city and what temperature unit you want your weather to be in.

If you haven't played with any of the settings, you can also change the skin. If I recall correctly there are 4 or 5 different styles.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrx7 View Post
    ??? Can you elaborate a bit more?
    Thread Title + Thread contents. Pretty self explanatory..

Thats exactly what the Backflip looks like when in tabletop mode. The only exception is that the music note icon isn't there. If yours doesn't show the weather it needs to be enabled. When in tabletop mode hit menu > weather settings > show weather. While there you can also set your city and what temperature unit you want your weather to be in.

If you haven't played with any of the settings, you can also change the skin. If I recall correctly there are 4 or 5 different styles.
    Maybe on the N1, its not possible on the backflip from what I can see. Perhaps it is because I am on 2.1 but I found the skins setting the day I got the phone(when it first launched), but never have i seen a weather setting for table top mode.

Dude, When I post on this board I am posting in reference to the Backflip. I assure you that the weather does show on the Backflip even while running Preclair. Thats exactly how I have my wife's phone set up.
    I took a ton of screenshots for M3 but here is the dimmed tabletop mode on a Backflip running J-r0dd's Preclair Beta 1.

If TechN9ne1730's backflip is the same as mine, we don't have that option. When I hit menu, I only get one option, and it is clock style. I am running preclair, but I have had this issue since I first got the phone. I never know weather was possible.

Wow, I wonder why? Seeing as you're both running Preclair I'm assuming you're U.S. AT&T. I'm fairly certain my wife's phone has had this option when we first got the phone.

In order to have the weather information display while in table top mode, you have to have the Motorola weather widget somewhere on your home screen (the Motorola Home that is). If you don't have the weather widget on your screen the weather info isn't present in table top mode.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by sirrx7 View Post
    Dude, When I post on this board I am posting in reference to the Backflip.
    That doesnt mean its not possible to get confused between the two. We all make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    In order to have the weather information display while in table top mode, you have to have the Motorola weather widget somewhere on your home screen (the Motorola Home that is). If you don't have the weather widget on your screen the weather info isn't present in table top mode.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner I added the moto weather widget and it showed up. Seems really stupid to do that way. Thanks.

I suspect that the two are linked, with the weather widget being the source of the information displayed in table top mode. Not a big deal really, just tuck it away on an unused screen or somewhere if you don't want it.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Well obviously there linked Thing is theres no reason it could be programmed to display the weather independently(in table top) while still managing to use the motorolla back end as the source for the data.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links