j_r0dd's 2.1 beta help

This is a discussion on j_r0dd's 2.1 beta help within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I'm trying to install the 2.1 beta from ModMyMobile , but it doesn't seem to be updating the firmware. If any of you have gotten ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: j_r0dd's 2.1 beta help

j_r0dd's 2.1 beta help

I'm trying to install the 2.1 beta from ModMyMobile, but it doesn't seem to be updating the firmware.

If any of you have gotten it to successfully work, then maybe you can help me out. For me, it does not appear to be updating the firmware. I have 13.37 and have reset all the data on my phone before running RSD Lite with the given file from that forum thread. He says to unzip and flash with RSD Lite before flashing the rom... how do I flash my phone?

I'm guessing in order to install this beta, I need to root the phone first?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

yes you first have to root.... then install j rodds recovery and then from jrodds recovery do all the wipes and then also in his recovery there will be an option to flash zip from sd and that would be what you want... there are better instructions over at m3 im typing on my backflip right now so sorry for being short.

Hmm, sounds like quite a bit of work. I think I'll just wait it out. They said the end of Q3/beginning of Q4 for 2.1, and Q4 starts in 3 days, so it can't be too far off.

RSD Lite is for repairing your phone if it is broke. It has nothing to do with this. The whole process is very easy, and should take about 30 minuets or so. Everything has been well documented. Quick steps:
    Root the phone.
    Flash j r0ds recovery rom.
    Flash 2.1 rom. The hardest part is the root, and thats not hard by any means.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

moto might not even give us a 2.1 update. the beta is very stable with apps2sd support. tons of info about that app,the bugs,moving data. i got it running great with just about all my apps on sd along with dalvik cache moved over. my internal space has only used 15mb because apps2sd and the scripts already built in for your needs. the beta is awesome and runs great without bluetooth and 3d hw support since i dont use BT often and don't really play mobile games.

Alright I went ahead and rooted my phone for this, but I seemed to have run into an issue while trying to use his recovery.

When I try to flash the image in the command prompt, I get the message saying "error writing recovery: Permission denied". Anyone know what the problem is?

you don't have su permissions in adb.... in adb type adb shell, then type su, then look at your phone it should be asking you to allow a su request. click allow. and then flash your recovery

Quote Originally Posted by kschumake83 View Post
    you don't have su permissions in adb.... in adb type adb shell, then type su, then look at your phone it should be asking you to allow a su request. click allow. and then flash your recovery
    When I type in adb shell (on the phone), it says "adb: not found". I tried going back and re-doing the main steps for recovery, but I kept getting the same thing saying Permission Denied, even though I granted it access on the phone at one point. The phone command console has the # symbol, and not the $ symbol.

Is the recovery really necessary before loading the beta ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual-T View Post
    When I type in adb shell (on the phone), it says "adb: not found". I tried going back and re-doing the main steps for recovery, but I kept getting the same thing saying Permission Denied, even though I granted it access on the phone at one point. The phone command console has the # symbol, and not the $ symbol.

Is the recovery really necessary before loading the beta ROM?
    ADB won't be found on the phone. ADB is a tool in the Android SDK that allows you to run commands from your PC that are carried out on the phone. It is used to push and pull files to and from the phone among other things. The 'adb shell' command when ran from your PC gives you a prompt that is existing on the phone. Basically it allows you to type in commands on your PC that then are ran from the phone. If you are using a terminal app on the phone, you're already in 'adb shell' essentially.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

would like to know if there is a tut for the 2.1 rom???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links