News and Weather 2.1

This is a discussion on News and Weather 2.1 within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hey there guys, i LOVE having 2.1 so far but the news/weather widget is a little disappointing because of the lack of RSS compatibility. Has ...

Thread: News and Weather 2.1

News and Weather 2.1

Hey there guys, i LOVE having 2.1 so far but the news/weather widget is a little disappointing because of the lack of RSS compatibility. Has anyone found a similar/better news app? It kills me to have to find another bc i LOVE the display for the weather on this one...extended forecasts ftw! Thanks for any replies

posted from my rooted/rommed Backflip with 2.1

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I thought the News widget did allow for RSS feeds? That's basically how it displays the news?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

if the old news widget had that capability back on 1.5 then download beta 3 he put that back in on beta 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    I thought the News widget did allow for RSS feeds? That's basically how it displays the news?
    Well, I've been on beta1 - currently upgrading to beta3 as suggested. on beta1, the news widget on 2.1 beta1 only would allow you to parse certain sites for keywords rather than give it an rss feed ... "Wired" would turn up all kinds of things rather than Wired.com's articles for example. Going to try it out on beta3, thanks for the suggestion ksch.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links