I have to say, it's not so bad as some think ;)

This is a discussion on I have to say, it's not so bad as some think ;) within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; mostly not following directions. I got my 2.1 installed pretty easily. there is an issue with bluetooth still. but it does work , just sometimes ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have to say, it's not so bad as some think ;)

mostly not following directions. I got my 2.1 installed pretty easily. there is an issue with bluetooth still. but it does work , just sometimes you have to pwr cycle the phone to get it to find devices.

Quote Originally Posted by wdeydwondrer View Post
    watching around at the 2.1 beta discussions, it also seems that a bunch of people are having totally different issues w/ the preclair (i guess is what it's called, lol) are these coming out because it's a beta, or is most of it just people not following directions properly?
    Well 'preclair' is essentially a leaked alpha rom for the Cliq that was somehow made to run on a Backflip. Seems some people are using it just fine but others are having random different issues here and there.. Mine for one, the stock email app no longer works for me with my IMAP server. It wont pull email to save its life except for when I reboot the phone and it opens for its first time. Had to download K9 Mail from the market and now it works again. My contact pictures no longer show up in the Google Talk app (not a biggie but annoying still),or ChompSMS (but they do in Handcent and the stock text messaging). The news widget also likes to wipe itself out once in awhile and doesnt always show the pictures from the articles. Happenings is also being rather slow to update and keep itself current on Facebook at least over here.. Not sure if this is the roms fault or not but my service likes to sit for the most part at 1-2 bars now where it used to always be at least 4 if not full at 5..

I for one cant wait for Moto to get theirs out.. You guys do realize that IF j_r0dd makes a new custom rom when its released, this means the phone will have to be rooted anyways and you would be able to remove the crapware just like you did before if you were just using the Moto rom.. Its not like youll be stuck with ATT Nav anymore anyways.. I just wonder if having j_r0dds custom recovery will prevent us from updating.. Its apparently supposed to be a download so who knows til we see it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links