2.1 Upgrade

This is a discussion on 2.1 Upgrade within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by thechinoguy So I've downloaded 2.1...and its been 3 hours on the logging into motoblur screen. I have about 600 contacts but I ...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 2.1 Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by thechinoguy View Post
    So I've downloaded 2.1...and its been 3 hours on the logging into motoblur screen. I have about 600 contacts but I don't believe it should take take more than the 60 minutes that the Motorola site says. Anyone else having this problem? Should I restart everything?

This happened with a lot of people including me.....after an hour I did as jmgib suggests and powered down... when it powered up I was signed in

Quote Originally Posted by jbliss View Post
    With Backflip and Android 2.1, is there a way to bring back the "menu key to unlock screen" functionality? I hate having to swipe.
    Not really. There are 3rd party apps you can install which work around this though. I believe WidgetLocker allows you use the hardware buttons (such as the camera) to unlock the phone. It is a paid app though.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

600 contacts, good god man, lol, i don't even know that many people let alone have them in my phone!

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Not really. There are 3rd party apps you can install which work around this though. I believe WidgetLocker allows you use the hardware buttons (such as the camera) to unlock the phone. It is a paid app though.
    That worked. Thanks!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by wdeydwondrer View Post
    600 contacts, good god man, lol, i don't even know that many people let alone have them in my phone!
    Most likely he's synced his Facebook contact list into his Backflip. :rolleyes: 600 friends though, still...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Try these... That pretty much applies for 2.1/.2 also.
    Thanks! Not many commands to remember

I like being able to text using the mic now too! But for some reason I keep loosing the ability to turn on the mic while texting. The icon on the popup keyboard keeps dissapearing and I have to boot the phone to get it back. I suspect the app killer I'm running of killing it. If I knew exactly what it's killing I can exempt it from being killed. So...anyone know what it is?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    It should be a process called "Voice Dialer". Also, what task manager are you using?

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    It should be a process called "Voice Dialer". Also, what task manager are you using?
    Can't find anything close to that in the settings. But I did find a setting called Caller ID Readout. It was set to "Caller ID Then Ring" so I set it to Ring Only. I won't know if that got it or not until someone calls me.

I'm using Advanced Task Killer V1.9.3

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    When the mic disappears killing the android keyboard process fixes it, until it disappears the next time. See this thread at the Moto owners forum. The virtual keyboard will restart when you tap a text entry field.

All that's true execpt when I tap a text entry field the mic doen't come back.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links