2.1 Upgrade

This is a discussion on 2.1 Upgrade within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; deleted by author...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2.1 Upgrade

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
    Can't find anything close to that in the settings. But I did find a setting called Caller ID Readout. It was set to "Caller ID Then Ring" so I set it to Ring Only. I won't know if that got it or not until someone calls me.

I'm using Advanced Task Killer V1.9.3

Thanks!
    Try "AutoKiller Memory Optimizer". It is the best one I've found yet. Also, when some task killers "clean house" they kill system tasks that don't really need to be killed, and doing so can cause odd behavior. AutoKiller's main screen has a memory limits configuration page that lets you select how aggressively Android itself will kill off non-necessary tasks. If you push menu and go to "Presets", I've found that "Aggressive" works pretty good on the Backflip as it'll keep more usable memory available without you having to deal with anything.

If it's possible to make a phone work worse than it did previously after an upgrade then Motorola did it.

AT&T are sending me a new BF , I know people complain about their customer support but in my years of being with them they gave always been helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    If it's possible to make a phone work worse than it did previously after an upgrade then Motorola did it.
    don't agree with that at all - many of us (including me) are delighted with the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    What things are worse? I suspect that some of the things that people think Motorola "screwed up" are actually just parts of Android 2.1.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

It's quite possible that it's the device, my phone just reboots several times a day and I mean like three four times for no apparent reason. I'll find out soon enough when I get the new device, AT&T tech thinks it's the device. Don't get me wrong , i am very happy to have gotten the 2.1 upgrade, it's just that incresenily over the past week the phone doesn't work, it's very laggish....freezes a lot yada yada yada.....

I got the replacement device yesterday , it wouldn't let me sign in to motoblur....it was running 1.5 , they still ship that way ....anyway the AT&T Android guru thought that perhaps because moroblur in their system has me as running 2.1 it didn't wouldn't let me sign on a 1.5 device.......actually I shouldn't say it wouldn't let me sign in , that's wrong....I signed in to motoblur and google but I kept getting a motoblur home error on the home screen and could not get past that .....so I couldn't access settings to upgrade the device .....they are sending out another to make sure that the device they sent me was not defective.....if that doesn't work then I will get a different phone......probably a captivate

Actually you could use RSDlite to flash the 2.1 .sbf file to the phone and manually flash the upgrade. That would be up to you though.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links