2.1 Upgrade

This is a discussion on 2.1 Upgrade within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; deleted by author...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 Upgrade

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

i still catch myself when i hit 1 briefly and send like on my old phone, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    A few things of course , some to be expected with a major upgrade....sluggish....a few apps that worked before now don't....uninstall and reinstall doesn't work in one case....NO EXIT button in the browser??
    Unless 2.1 is completely backwards compatible..I would expect some apps not to work.

Quote Originally Posted by wdeydwondrer View Post
    really pissed though that my mic problem still exists, STILL have to hold the phone in just the right position for people to hear me.
    Would you be using a case by any chance? One like the Naked shell by ATT where it has a hard plastic screen protector on there?

You can pick up some good cases here:
    Motorola Backflip Cases
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Anyone else finding replying to a post in message boards or typing in general in the browser is painfully slow and difficult to do?.

i'm not having any issues really w/ it at all. contemplating a factory reset though, just to see if i can't get better. alot of the testers are showing that a factory reset after 2.1 loading is fixing some "weird" things happening.

TechN9, I have no case on my phone.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    i'm not having any issues really w/ it at all. contemplating a factory reset though, just to see if i can't get better. alot of the testers are showing that a factory reset after 2.1 loading is fixing some "weird" things happening.

The update is supposed to clear the cache... but if you have all your stuff backed up, you can wipe user data and the dalvik cache. That will usually get rid of any problems with corrupted, incompatible, or just plain broken settings that are still somehow present from the 1.5 system.

I can report that a factory reset seems to have gotten my phone to work better .

Is there a good way to back up all of your apps before doing a factory reset? My wife's Backflip is suffering from some lag and a few other weird quirks after the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nophix View Post
    Is there a good way to back up all of your apps before doing a factory reset? My wife's Backflip is suffering from some lag and a few other weird quirks after the flash.
    Do a sync with AppBrain. It doesn't back up the data, per se, but it compiles all the apps you had on the phone. If you install Fast Web Installer, it will download the apps from within AppBrain.

Works well.

just got a report that appbrain is screwing with some phones. i haven't had any issue on mine.....

Dorian, does clearing those folders do the same thing as a factory reset? or what is the difference

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links