2.1 Upgrade

This is a discussion on 2.1 Upgrade within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Titanium backup does app and data, but requires root. Astro backs up app only. System Panel backs up, app don't remember if it does data ...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 Upgrade

Titanium backup does app and data, but requires root. Astro backs up app only. System Panel backs up, app don't remember if it does data as well.

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant Overclocked to 1.6GHz. Please excuse my Swype.

Quote Originally Posted by wdeydwondrer View Post
    i still catch myself when i hit 1 briefly and send like on my old phone, lol
    Android apps are supposed to be forward compatible. Meaning that any any app written for Android 1.5 should work on any newer version. This may not always be the case, but in theory that's the way that it is supposed to be. Now this doesn't take into consideration an app change hidden settings or something for a specific version of Android.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

just got a report that appbrain is screwing with some phones. i haven't had any issue on mine.....

Dorian, does clearing those folders do the same thing as a factory reset? or what is the difference
    I've used Appbrain since like forever and have never experienced any issues with it. What problems is it supposed to cause?

Anybody having trouble uploading pics to Picasa? It doesn't work for me since upgrading to 2.1. Album list is blank, and trying to upload gives an error message: "failure to retrieve account information". I already removed and re-added the Picasa account. I also did a factory reset.

couple people have seen app brain basically breaking the phone, missing apps, broken 3g radio.... uninstalling fixes the issues. i'm guessing it's some left over settings in the phone still that appbrain conflicts with and cuases chaos. i wish the 2.1 patch would have included a factory reset parameter.

couple people have seen app brain basically breaking the phone, missing apps, broken 3g radio.... uninstalling fixes the issues. i'm guessing it's some left over settings in the phone still that appbrain conflicts with and cuases chaos. i wish the 2.1 patch would have included a factory reset parameter.
    I would have a hard time believing this. Appbrain, even with the Fast Web Installer, pretty much just installs the apps from the Market. I'm not really sure how Appbrain could do any of this, since it does not require root access.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    just got a report that appbrain is screwing with some phones. i haven't had any issue on mine.....

Dorian, does clearing those folders do the same thing as a factory reset? or what is the difference
    A factory reset will delete all user data, but can sometimes leave apps behind. Most of the things a factory reset does are deleting user preferences, app data, calendar entries, SMS/MMS messages, emails, contacts.... things like that.

What I recommend to EVERYONE that is having issues with performance or FC's is to BACK UP your data and do a Re-Flash back to the "out-of-box" 1.5. Then setup MotoBlur, and let it sync your contacts, calendar, and other stuff.... but don't change any settings, or install any apps or backups of anything yet... now that everything is sync'd... initiate the 2.1 upgrade and let it do it's thing. When that's done and 2.1 is installed, and all your stuff is intact... you should notice that things will be much more stable and snappy. Now you can re-install all your apps and backups.

Upgrading from a throughly used 13.37 1.5 installation is akin to installing Windows 7 on top of Vista without doing a "Fresh Install". Files and settings are often left behind from the old OS, and they don't work, are incompatible, or cause issues with the NEW OS.

EDIT: Also, as soon as there is an official dump of the 2.1 SBF for the AT&T Backflip, I'll update the OEM Re-Flash thread.

the update is not going to be over the air, there is going to be a updater online @ motorola's website. and regarding installing apps after a facotry reset, just go to the market and install them from your download, i always do that after doing a factory reset for whatever reason i do. just to help you all out.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by sal2708 View Post
    the update is not going to be over the air, there is going to be a updater online @ motorola's website.
    Actually it'll be both. What proof do you have that it won't be served up OTA also? EVERY single major 2.1 upgrade that I've seen has happened OTA.

haven't seen anything official, or atleast been able to find it, lol, but there's word around the soak forum that it won't be OTA

and jmgib, i was just passing on word that it had been seen to mess some stuff up. it hasn't for me

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links