2.1 Upgrade

This is a discussion on 2.1 Upgrade within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; what's the link to the official Motorola website download?...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 Upgrade

what's the link to the official Motorola website download?
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

Check my two previous post guy and I even emailed u like u asked. But I have a single issue. I factory reseted my phone and tried to back up a app(tunee music), and after the update its says unable to install app because of its unknown source.is there a way to go back to the previous OS?

I upgraded but i keep getting a message saying "Process not responding" i get either the option to force close or wait but either way it restarts.
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

Junior Member Fandroid_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GReal501 View Post
    Check my two previous post guy and I even emailed u like u asked. But I have a single issue. I factory reseted my phone and tried to back up a app(tunee music), and after the update its says unable to install app because of its unknown source.is there a way to go back to the previous OS?
    I'm no expert but one of the warnings from the Motorola site was that once you went to 2.1 you couldn't get back to 1.5.

greal, are u getting that error when sideloading?

and to get back to stock 1.5, i believe you have to flash the original file back onto it. i haven't done this so i can only really just point u in the right direction.

and as far as going back to 2.1, think i read that it could be done in theory, just that the changes in 2.1 would break how 1.5 would work since bits of the newer os would be trying to run the older os. either way, i wouldn't attempt it unless you use the backflip as a hobby instead of your main phone, lol

I don't know wat sideload is so of course not. I backed up the apps using file manager to my sd card b4 doin the factory reset. Im guessing motorola/at&t is restricting my installation of the apps on 2.1 but b4 I did the reset they were on my phone. Only problem is I didn't check to see if they were still working after applying the update.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by GReal501 View Post
    I don't know wat sideload is so of course not. I backed up the apps using file manager to my sd card b4 doin the factory reset. Im guessing motorola/at&t is restricting my installation of the apps on 2.1 but b4 I did the reset they were on my phone. Only problem is I didn't check to see if they were still working after applying the update.
    In order to use an app like Astro or Titanium Backup or whatever to install apps you have to have enabled the installation of non-market apps. That feature is still removed by ATT. There are ways around it by rooting your phone but otherwise you'll need to just reinstall them from the Market or for apps which aren't in the market, by using ADB to install them.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

The same root procedure is used for 2.1?

The same root method does work, but you'll need a newer version of 'su' to work with 2.1. I believe someone has posted a working file over on M3, or if you have a copy of Preclair you can try extracting it yourself. Also you can try to find a copy of VISIONary (there is an older copy linked on M3) which is a 1 (well, 2 since we have to run it twice) click root that is temporary, lasting until the phone is powered off. It can be re-ran on a reboot. Either method will work.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links