2.1 Upgrade

This is a discussion on 2.1 Upgrade within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Ok I have a question. I upgraded to 2.1, but apparently all my Contacts Disappeared. Umm, where did they go?...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.1 Upgrade

Ok I have a question. I upgraded to 2.1, but apparently all my Contacts Disappeared. Umm, where did they go?

If you were able to successfully setup/sign-in to Motoblur they should sync back to your phone. If not, try doing a factory reset and going through the Motoblur setup again.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    If you were able to successfully setup/sign-in to Motoblur they should sync back to your phone. If not, try doing a factory reset and going through the Motoblur setup again.
    Yea I had to figure out how to make motorblur work. It wouldn't sign in at first, turning the phone off and back on allowed it to sync. Thanks.

can you actually get into the phone w/out a motoblur account?

Quote Originally Posted by wdeydwondrer View Post
    can you actually get into the phone w/out a motoblur account?
    Yep, I was able too. It worked fine too, except I had no contacts until I got some off my old SIM card.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    The "prevailing" custom ROM for the Backflip currently, j_r0dd's "preclair" ROM is based on the leaked Cliq beta and has been updated with the Backflip kernel and some Froyo bits thrown in (some of the Froyo Google apps I believe).

Until Motorola releases the source code for their Android 2.1 release I think all of these are going to be limited or struggling to truly be successful.
    Actually Preclair Beta WAS based off the Cliq beta, but that is not longer the case. As of Preclair v1.0 it is based on moto's 3.0.1390.

Preclair is very successful and very stable. I have used it since Beta 1, and currently using 1.0.2.. With it now being based off Moto's beta is has Full 3D support. Yes it does have froyo apps thrown in such as the froyo market which enables auto-updates, froyo youtube which has a slightly nice UI, the Cliq Music Player which is mostly the same as the ATT and Music player but I did find I liked it slightly better. Personally I use mixing though so thats irrelevant in my case, but I know most people preferred it over the AT Music Player. It also includes Live Wall Papers. Not sure if Moto 2.1 does or not. I havent tried it as it doesnt really appeal to me, plus I doubt the bflip can run most live wallpapers very well.

Personally I have no desire to switch over to Moto's 2.1. With the nice froyo apps, root, apps2sd, gscript for tweaking the phone, ability to install non market apps, and root, I really dont see what Moto's 2.1 offers me. Not to mention the bloatware is gone. Sure I could root Moto's 2.1 and install some of these things manually, but why bother when theres a nice custom rom that integrates all these things for me with out the need to spend hours doing it myself.

I am sure theres more technical advantages as well that I am not familiar with, but quite frankly I see no advantage to using Moto's 2.1 unless your really a complete n00b who hasnt a clue what your doing and will most likley screw up your phone. Now if you want to use Moto's 2.1 have fun but personally I am see no reason to switch.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

I love the market place. Its very nice. And everything else on 2.1 is very clear and nice. Ill give 2.1 4 and a half stars. It would be 5 if we could install non-market apps :/

i thought 1.0.3 added the 3d support.....

moto 2.1 does not have live wallpaper due to resources, says moto

i'm waiting to root/mod my phone untill the deblur has a couple more things worked out, or for the aosp for backflip to at least gets voice calls back. really excited about the aosp since just the preclair minus motoblur is "notably" faster. aosp gonna take awhile though building code from the ground up /cry

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by wdeydwondrer View Post
    i thought 1.0.3 added the 3d support.....

moto 2.1 does not have live wallpaper due to resources, says moto

i'm waiting to root/mod my phone untill the deblur has a couple more things worked out, or for the aosp for backflip to at least gets voice calls back. really excited about the aosp since just the preclair minus motoblur is "notably" faster. aosp gonna take awhile though building code from the ground up /cry
    All that has to be done to add live wallpapers is add the livewallpaper.apk and livewallpaperpicker.apk from a ROM with 320x480 resolution.

that's just what moto told us in the soak, that live wallpapers were omitted for performance reasons....

i went ahead though and installed the preclair 1.0.3..... so far i haven't seen any performance increase or anything really. gonna play w/ it a few days and get a feel for it.

and the root worked just fine, though i had to install the custom recovery before i rebooted. w/out the recovery i couldn't get SU to stick for some reason.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links