Broken USB connector

This is a discussion on Broken USB connector within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I accidentally dropped my Backflip while the cord was plugged in and bent my USB connector inside the phone. The phone won't charge with the ...

Thread: Broken USB connector

Broken USB connector

I accidentally dropped my Backflip while the cord was plugged in and bent my USB connector inside the phone. The phone won't charge with the cord plugged in (either USB or AC) unless I force the cord down (until it makes a connection) and secure the cord this way until the phone is fully charged. Anyone know of a way to fix this (other than sending to Motorola)?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not much you can do for a physically damaged part. Unless you can somehow manage to straighten things out, either continueing to secure it like you are now, or sending to Moto for a repair are probably the only options.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Not much you can do for a physically damaged part. Unless you can somehow manage to straighten things out, either continueing to secure it like you are now, or sending to Moto for a repair are probably the only options.

Yeah, I figured. I bit the bullet and mailed it Motorola. Hopefully they'll repair it for free or just send a new phone. Since I couldn't recharge it, I couldn't reset to factory (it was rooted with a custom ROM) --- not sure if that will affect the warranty. If so, I'll probably upgrade to an HTC.

Thanks!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links