J_r0dd vs moto

This is a discussion on J_r0dd vs moto within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Wouldnt a rooted eclair be able to remove bloatware without a custom rom and do nandroid backups?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: J_r0dd vs moto

  1. #21
    Member GReal501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    49
    Wouldnt a rooted eclair be able to remove bloatware without a custom rom and do nandroid backups?

  2. #22
    Senior Member jmgib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by GReal501 View Post
    Wouldnt a rooted eclair be able to remove bloatware without a custom rom and do nandroid backups?
    Yes. Rooting allows you to remove the preinstalled apps. Being able to do a nandroid backup is determined by a custom RECOVERY but does not require a custom ROM.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

  3. #23
    Member GReal501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    49
    So going off what I was thinking and what u said, there really isn't much difference besides the. Preclair is loaded wit extra stuff?

  4. #24
    Senior Member TechN9ne1730's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by GReal501 View Post
    So going off what I was thinking and what u said, there really isn't much difference besides the. Preclair is loaded wit extra stuff?
    No. It is heavily optimized to run better then the stock 2.1 from Moto. Plus Nandroid really shouldnt be classified as "extra stuff" imo for the simple fact it can be such a life saver. Now things like the froyo market or froyo youtube, can be clumped in as extra stuff I suppose, because there just upgraded apps. For example the froyo market is almost exactly the same(atleast visually) then the stock 2.1 market app, but unlike the 2.1 market, it includes automatic updates which can automatically download updates your apps for you. Plus it allows you to install non-market apps to your phone. This means you can install other markets like the SAM/SlideMe market place.
    SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace
    Some of the apps released here are done so by the devs because they may not agree with the terms set by google, or there app may not obide by the ToS set by google.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

  5. #25
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Yes. Rooting allows you to remove the preinstalled apps. Being able to do a nandroid backup is determined by a custom RECOVERY but does not require a custom ROM.
    Removing the preinstalled apps is not always a safe thing to do though. Remove just one, that you may not even think will matter, and you'll be indefinitely stuck at the white MotoBlur boot screen until a restore or reflash is done.

  6. #26
    Senior Member jmgib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    No. It is heavily optimized to run better then the stock 2.1 from Moto. Plus Nandroid really shouldnt be classified as "extra stuff" imo for the simple fact it can be such a life saver. Now things like the froyo market or froyo youtube, can be clumped in as extra stuff I suppose, because there just upgraded apps. For example the froyo market is almost exactly the same(atleast visually) then the stock 2.1 market app, but unlike the 2.1 market, it includes automatic updates which can automatically download updates your apps for you. Plus it allows you to install non-market apps to your phone. This means you can install other markets like the SAM/SlideMe market place.
    SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace
    Some of the apps released here are done so by the devs because they may not agree with the terms set by google, or there app may not obide by the ToS set by google.

    Ok, you guys seem to be blurring some lines here. Again, being able to perform a Nandroid backup is in the custom recovery, not in a ROM. You can flash a custom recovery, and still have the stock Moto 2.1 software running.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

  7. #27
    Senior Member jmgib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Removing the preinstalled apps is not always a safe thing to do though. Remove just one, that you may not even think will matter, and you'll be indefinitely stuck at the white MotoBlur boot screen until a restore or reflash is done.
    Yes, that is possible. That is what backups are for, right?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

  8. #28
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Yes, that is possible. That is what backups are for, right?
    Indeed. That's why I recommend to everyone that even if they don't want (or need) to do a custom ROM installation... if you ROOT your device, ALWAYS keep backups available. Flashing the custom recovery is very easy, and it's a safeguard for people that are new to ROOT and SU's capabilities.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 05:53 PM
  2. Gordo1
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 08:53 AM

Search tags for this page

android 2.0 backflip download

,

preclair (j r0dd)

,

recovery j r0dd 2.0 backflip img download

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum