Official Motorola 2.1 now available at Motorola.com

This is a discussion on Official Motorola 2.1 now available at Motorola.com within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; deleted by author...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Motorola 2.1 now available at Motorola.com

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    There is a a lot of discussion over at modmymobile.com that indicates that the upgrade does include a new radio image.
    Thanks! I just downloaded and looked inside the image from Moto, and it indeed does flash a radio. The modified date on the radio.img is Sept. 12th. Opening the radio.img in a hex editor, this is the first line...HAH...

"MAGIC-NOTHING2DO20000000".

The upgrade does upgrade to a new version of the radio. As to those who are asking about upgrading a rooted phone. You MUST have the stock recovery flashed on your phone in order to perform the upgrade. If you are using a custom recovery, either j_r0dd's or the new Clockwork recovery that was released a couple days ago, you cannot complete the upgrade.

If you flashed back to stock 13.37 using RSDlite that should replace the recovery with the stock one and should resolve that problem. If you are experiencing any other issues, try posting them and we'll see if we can answer them.

FYI, the new radio is also what prevents someone from easily downgrading back to Android 1.5 after the upgrade.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I was able to upgrade to 2.1 successfully last night. Took about 25 minutes or so but everything went smooth. However before I event attempted the 2.1 upgrade I re-flashed the backflip back to 13.37 stock, signed into motoblur and google accounts. Waited about 5 minutes for synching to complete over wifi and went to the moto site to complete the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    The upgrade does upgrade to a new version of the radio. As to those who are asking about upgrading a rooted phone. You MUST have the stock recovery flashed on your phone in order to perform the upgrade. If you are using a custom recovery, either j_r0dd's or the new Clockwork recovery that was released a couple days ago, you cannot complete the upgrade.

If you flashed back to stock 13.37 using RSDlite that should replace the recovery with the stock one and should resolve that problem. If you are experiencing any other issues, try posting them and we'll see if we can answer them.

FYI, the new radio is also what prevents someone from easily downgrading back to Android 1.5 after the upgrade.
    let's say that I rather flash back to stock 13.37 because i rather have j_r0dd's version of 2.1 could I flash back to stock 13.37 so I could re-root the phone??
    I actually like J_r0dds version much better.
    Want A Good Fight??
    [SIGPIC]http://i51.tinypic.com/dr334i.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/sketch2k278
    Like my GuileDroid? lol

Quote Originally Posted by sketch2k278 View Post
    let's say that I rather flash back to stock 13.37 because i rather have j_r0dd's version of 2.1 could I flash back to stock 13.37 so I could re-root the phone??
    I actually like J_r0dds version much better.
    Why would you need to flash back to 13.37 to do that? 2.1 can be rooted also. I wouldn't risk it and I really believe you may end up bricking or at least getting into some problems trying to flash back to 13.37 due to the new radio.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Why would you need to flash back to 13.37 to do that? 2.1 can be rooted also. I wouldn't risk it and I really believe you may end up bricking or at least getting into some problems trying to flash back to 13.37 due to the new radio.
    glad I asked 1st
    so how does one root 2.1 I heard that you have to do the visionary method but im not sure about how to do it.
    Want A Good Fight??
    [SIGPIC]http://i51.tinypic.com/dr334i.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/sketch2k278
    Like my GuileDroid? lol

I've uploaded an older copy of VISIONary that will work. Unfortunately the newer versions require Android 2.2 to work. This is version r3 I believe. Once installed (via ADB or whichever sideload method you prefer) just run it twice to root. It will need to be ran each time you reboot your phone to maintain root, as it is only a temporary root.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2aow0rh52ll6dhb

Yea just got the upgrade, but alas apparently my Contacts weren't backed up anywhere? Kinda sucked, I lost them all. WTF.

Your contacts are stored by Motoblur. There were some Blur issues earlier, so that may be why your contacts aren't syncing with your phone. You can try a factory reset and to go through the Motoblur setup again and see if that clears things.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links