2.1 Issues

This is a discussion on 2.1 Issues within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I recently installed 2.1 on my backflip and it runs fine for about 5 mins then it says "Process not responding: Force Close or Wait" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.1 Issues

2.1 Issues

I recently installed 2.1 on my backflip and it runs fine for about 5 mins then it says "Process not responding: Force Close or Wait" and no matter what I do it always just restarts. idk what to do. It does it everytime. any help would be appreciated. btw i DID NOT root my phone EVER.
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Report it to the guys at Motorola. There might be a bug they forgot to spray.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

hopefully u have stuff backed up, but do a factory reset.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

As marvin said, a factory reset will most likely resolve it. The problem is likely occurring from an app you have installed which needs to be reinstalled. Google Voice is a good example of this.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

It finalled resolved itself this morning. I took the battery out at about 10:30 last night and when i put it back in at 6:30 it started up fine. Though it was excrutiatingly slow for about 30 mins it was fine after that. Thanks for the help guys.
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

I thought the backflip supported multi-touch. However I have found no way to get Pinch Zoom to work with the stock 2.1 upgrade.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by dtowngangsta View Post
    I recently installed 2.1 on my backflip and it runs fine for about 5 mins then it says "Process not responding: Force Close or Wait" and no matter what I do it always just restarts. idk what to do. It does it everytime. any help would be appreciated. btw i DID NOT root my phone EVER.
    Hmmm, from my general opinion: It must be a bad install or the copy of the file you updated with didn't transfer properly which could be caused by a number of problems such as 1)Bad internet connection 2)Bad transfer chord 3)Lag in your Operating System 4)Possibly even a small unnoticeable blip in the internet connection. Along with many other reasons.
    Solution:
    First, I'd go to your settings and reformat the phone AFTER YOU'VE BACKED UP ALL OF YOUR DATA AND CONTENTS ON YOUR PHONE just incase. The internal memory if I recall should be the only thing reformated and you'll loose your apps but It'll reset the Operating System which may fix it but not likely because of their method for doing so.

Other than that I'd BACK UP YOUR DATA and see if they will allow you to reinstall it off the website again, but their automated protocols might prevent it (I'm assuming they would) at least not without a lot of annoying work.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    No multi-touch, no pinch to zoom. Motorola says the hardware does not support it.
    It should, it has the capacitive touch screen. AT&T I heard has a reputation for taking out everything people want from the updates lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links