Text notification

This is a discussion on Text notification within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Just got my backflip a few days ago and have it pretty much all set up how I like it. Only one problem and that ...

Thread: Text notification

Text notification

Just got my backflip a few days ago and have it pretty much all set up how I like it. Only one problem and that is with my text notifications. When I get a brand new message from someone it does the notification I have it set to. But say I text that person back, and then receive another text from that same person it plays a totally different notification..How do I change it to where I get the same notification sound every time?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

On my phone (running 2.1) there's an option under settings > sound and display settings > notification ringtone and another under messaging > "squares" menu key > text messaging / email / social messaging > select ringtone. You can chose a different tone for each here, or make them all the same. I'm not sure why it's playing different tones for the same message type, (mine doesn't even with a different tones set for each type,) but setting them all the same there might fix it.

okay I set my default notification to the sound I want. But still when I get a text from someone that I had been texting it vibrates twice then does a little bell chime thing...When I get a text from someone new that I haven't been talking to though it plays the right tone.

Alright...now I've got it to where it vibrates twice, then starts to do the tone I have it set to then does the bell chime thing...Any ideas?

Alright, scratch all that, I've got it figured out.

what was ur solution?

My bet's on it being im, instead of sms.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links