Official Roms :D

This is a discussion on Official Roms :D within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; besides jrodds, is there any other roms that work well? i have: preclair (currently using) deblured:blur:, used but switched cuz of contact issue. recommend is ...

Thread: Official Roms :D

Official Roms :D

besides jrodds, is there any other roms that work well?
    i have:
    preclair (currently using)
    deblured:blur:, used but switched cuz of contact issue. recommend is you want SPEED!

anything else out there?
    & also is there gonna be a 2.2 rom for the backflip? anybody have any info?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There is a proper AOSP ROM being worked on which should be interesting. Also I do believe there is a Froyo ROM in the works as well but progress on it is slow as Motorola hasn't yet released updated source code for the Backflip. Hopefully once they release updated source code things will pick up a bit.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

im really intrested on 2.2 rom. that would be sweet to carry around with us. i have jrodds right now. but whats the diffrence between 2.1 & 2.2?

You can take a look at the Android release notes. Android 2.2 and Android 2.0.

You also may be interested in Android 1.6 and Android 1.5 notes. Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" should be released soon for developers.

yeah i heard about gingerbread. that should be an intgresting piece of work, especially if i gets a rom for the backflip

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by sal2708 View Post
    im really intrested on 2.2 rom. that would be sweet to carry around with us. i have jrodds right now. but whats the diffrence between 2.1 & 2.2?
    The MAJOR difference between 2.1 and 2.2 is the JIT (ABR for Just In Time) compiler. With Qualcomm devices, JIT will show marked speed improvements, because it better utilizes the CPU. What JIT does is fill in the gaps in CPU calls, therefore letting your CPU accomplish possibly more than one task at once, and more efficiently use CPU cycles. If you know a little about computers and how their CPU works, JIT can be compared roughly to Hyperthreading utilized on Intel's Core i-series processors. JIT also makes full use of the Snapdragon's 64bit SIMD CPU extensions, and that's the reason that the Nexus One, Desire, et al, have such high Linpack scores. It's not uncommon to see a Nexus One push 36Mflops on Linpack with 2.2, while like on my Captivate I'm only pushing 18Mflops. The Hummingbird doesn't feature 64bit SIMD extensions, and that's the sole reason that it's Linpack is so low. Accordingly, while the speed improvements may not be so blatantly obvious for the MSM7200 series platforms like the Backflip, a speed improvement can most certainly be measured from 2.1-2.2.

Other than those features, there's really not much that the user can see, only the coders and devs can see what all has been changed and optimized under the hood.

Supposedly, Gingerbread will be a motoblur and HTC sense killer. I'm anxious to see how that comes to play.

That will be interesting to see, but even so, will the manufacturers stop including custom UIs and launchers? It's all about branding. In a world where all of the Android phones are using the same OS under the hood, they want something to make their phone stand out. I can understand their reasoning, but a lot of end-users don't like the customization because in theory it slows down adoption of newer Android versions.

We could see a shift though. Motorola has developed "Ninjablur" for some of their phones which turns Motoblur into more of just a bunch of widgets and untangles it with the firmware.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by ingram View Post
    Supposedly, Gingerbread will be a motoblur and HTC sense killer. I'm anxious to see how that comes to play.
    I believe you'll be disappointed. Honeycomb will bring major UI enhancements, but Gingerbread will only bring minor enhancements. After 2.3 the groundwork is set for the time being, and Google can concentrate on the UI. Prior to 2.3 most every revision to Android was optimizations and framework/API development. With 2.3 those elements will be complete for the most part.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links