no market

This is a discussion on no market within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Were you using Apps2SD?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no market

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Were you using Apps2SD?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Were you using Apps2SD?
    yeah i was
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Then you'll have to put the old SD back in and just live with it... or put the old one back in, back up your stuff and then put the new SD in format it, partition it for a2sd, and reinstall preclair. Its a major waste of time, but that's how it has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Then you'll have to put the old SD back in and just live with it... or put the old one back in, back up your stuff and then put the new SD in format it, partition it for a2sd, and reinstall preclair. Its a major waste of time, but that's how it has to be done.
    That's the weird thing though. When I put my old memory card back in it does the same thing.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by dtowngangsta View Post
    That's the weird thing though. When I put my old memory card back in it does the same thing.
    It's been booted once without the Apps2SD partition being where it should, so it's probably removed dependencies for it altogether... Meaning that no matter what you do, you won't be able to use the old partition with your apps on it. Backup what you can off that card, then prepare the new one.

Using Apps2SD involves the understanding that as long as you want to continue using the same card, it cannot be removed.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Oh okay. Thanks, I understand what your sayingt now. Wow i never realized that the Market would be put on the sd card while the other stock apps werent.

Update:
    I just used the clockwork recovery mod to wipe everything from the phone and then restart it and my market was back. However, I no longer had Gscript installed. Downloading it now.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    I had a similar experience when I removed the SD card from my rooted Backflip that was using a2sd. The Market didn't even show up in the app tray.

I flashed the SBf file from this thread at MMM using RSDLite to return the phone to stock 13.37 (android 1.5) and then applied the Moto 2.1 upgrade. After that you can re-root your phone (if you want).

If you don't create the ext3 partition when you partition your SD Card prior to installing j_rodd's rom then you won't be using a2sd. If you want a2sd don't boot your phone without the sd card in it.
    No need to use RSDLite. Just format the memory card, partition it to EXT2 or 3. EXT 4 is unstable as of 1.2. Havent tried it on 1.3(preclair). Use titanium backup to restore your apps. Go to gscript mod and choose enable aps2sd and the phone will reboot. You should be good to go after that.
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links