problem after 2.1 on backflip

This is a discussion on problem after 2.1 on backflip within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; hi, I installed android 2.1 on my motorola backflip, all is good but sometime I have a problem with the keyboard because some keys don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem after 2.1 on backflip

problem after 2.1 on backflip

hi, I installed android 2.1 on my motorola backflip, all is good but sometime I have a problem with the keyboard because some keys don't work in correct way (example, when I push "w" I get a "s", when I push "a" I get "ia",.....). I saw that when I have this problem I can't use the recovery mode because I get a blue screen with the text "secrity on, fastboot disabled". so I have to re-install the recovery o replace the installation of android and all return perfect, but the problem returns again after some time. I tried also to root the phone and install the j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.6.1 FINAL [Recovery] following the thread on modmymobile.com but after some time the recovery mode disappears and I get the same problem. I tried also to flash android with rsd lite, but same problem. so I think the issue is related with the recovery partition.
    any help is appreciated, thanks for reply.

ps. sorry my bad english!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

up!!!

please, any solutions?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I'd say it's a hardware issue. Do you still have warranty on the handset?

thanks for reply

well, before to install android 2.1 I had not this problem, and when I replace the installation of the recovery I solve at the moment the problem and the keyboard works great; if it was a hardware issue would I get that?

the phone is still in warranty (it has about 4 months) but it is the american version and I am in italy, so I don't know if a can use the warranty!!!

Did the problem start when you upgraded the phone or when you tried to root and modify the phone?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Are you trying to use the American ROM on the device or the Italian version? I think different regions have QWERTY and some have AZERTY... ? But if it started after you changed the software, then I guess it's not hardware then.

the problem starts when I upgrated to android 2.1. I rooted it only after the problem to try to solve the problem.

@Dorian

the ROM is american, but I think it is not the problem, because in italy we use also QWERTY version of keyboard

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Oh, well hmm... IDK? What about going back to the stock ROM image? Then see if your issues persist?

mmmm what is IDK?

I tried already to flash the OEM firmware "att-motus-endive-3.0.1390-secure-production-supermonster-customer.sbf" with RSD lite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links