Live Wallpaper Help

This is a discussion on Live Wallpaper Help within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; i was wondering if this phone could use the live wallpaper apps? i called motorola an said that it can. i downloaded a couple but ...

Thread: Live Wallpaper Help

Live Wallpaper Help

i was wondering if this phone could use the live wallpaper apps? i called motorola an said that it can. i downloaded a couple but they wont let me use them could some1 please help me out on how to get this working correctly.......?
    thx much is appreciated

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Regardless of what the Moto person said my understanding is that even with the upgrade the BF cannot support live wallpapers, this was a conscious decision by the upgrade team from what I remember Mark over at Moto forums said...somewhere in here you will find an answer.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/c...ssions&start=0

Marvin and jmgib will have a more definitive answer too

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    If you want an Android experience that's at least a little bit snappy, or responsive, then you can't run live wallpapers. Any android phone is capable of it, but with hardware like the Backflip, it's CPU cannot handle a live wallpaper competently, while also rendering the other parts of the UI. If you forced a live wallpaper on the Backflip, you'd see a LOT of stuttering in scrolling, random momentary freezes, and really poor battery life.

The main issue why phones with similar hardware as the Backflip can't handle Live Wallpapers is because Android doesn't use the GPU to draw the User Interface. It instead offloads the entire process to the CPU, which is an ARM11 core at 528MHz, which also handles all the system and user processes and services.

If you absolutely must have it or would like to try it out, drop Livewallpapers.apk and Livewallpaperpicker.apk into the /system/app directory of JRodd's ROM.

well i would like to try it. so is there ne way to bypass it , an i already have 2.1 update. could some walk me through on how to do this?

Seriously, it's not worth it. As Dorian said, the reason Motorola left out the Live Wallpaper feature is because the phone just isn't powerful enough to really support it. Can you set and run a LW? Sure, but it is very slow and sluggish to the point of not really being functional.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Confirmed. I just had to try it out a few weeks ago. One loaded after a few moments and ran horribly. One previewed OK, but slow, in the launcher but never could load as the actual wallpaper. Kinda frustrating and a waste of my time.

jr0dd's ROM should have everything you need already in it to try to run them.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links