Backflip - Direct Dial

This is a discussion on Backflip - Direct Dial within the Motorola Backflip forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I know it was discussed already, but I still didn't see the answer. Upgraded my Backflip to 2.1. Now I'd like to have an icon ...

Thread: Backflip - Direct Dial

Unhappy Backflip - Direct Dial

I know it was discussed already, but I still didn't see the answer.
    Upgraded my Backflip to 2.1. Now I'd like to have an icon on my home screen to dial the number with one click. Don't see the Direct Dial option here! The "Contact quick tasks" widget doesn't do the job, because you have to click a few times to dial the number.

I installed the AnyCut app. I'm getting the "has stopped unexpectedly" error every time I try to create the shortcut. It could be a separate probelm.

I tried the other apps to create the shortcut, but all of them are using the Direct Dial functionality, that we don't have on this phone.

I was reading that some phones with android 2.1 have the Direct Dial option. So I'm getting back to my question: any reason they (Motorola) removed the Direct Dial from the Backflip 2.1, or I'm missing something? And what the work around to get that shortcut?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Thanks marvin. I used Any Cut 2 before, it worked for me. Now it's not on the Market, and I cannot get anywhere else. I tried your link to the Any Cut 2 on my phone. It says Not found.

I'll try LauncherPro.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links