Welcome to the Motorola Bravo Forum on ATTDroids!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Motorola Bravo Forum on ATTDroids! within the Motorola Bravo forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; We would like to welcome all new Motorola Bravo Owners to the Bravo Forum on ATTDroids.com! So, anyone pick one up yet?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Motorola Bravo Forum on ATTDroids!

dandroid

Welcome to the Motorola Bravo Forum on ATTDroids!

We would like to welcome all new Motorola Bravo Owners to the Bravo Forum on ATTDroids.com!

So, anyone pick one up yet?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just got the Bravo and I like it. I switched from the HTC ARIA which I was very happy with except for the low res screen. The bravo has a 854x480 screen which is brighter and longer vertically then the Aria. The screen width is about the same as the Aria. Most reviews say that the Bravo has an FM radio, but I don't think it does, there is no FM radio app preinstalled like there is on the Aria. So far I'm happy and I think this is the best AT&T andrid phone you can get. I also owned the Captivate which I promptly returned because of the broken GPS. The rounded edges on the Bravo are nice and it's a much better shape than the captivate. The audio quality on the Bravo speakerphone and earpiece is much better than the Captivate or Aria.

I had a stroke of bad luck today, I was walking at work and went to pull my Aria out of my pocket and it slipped out of my hand and crashed to the floor. As soon as I picked it up I realized the screen was cracked, but when I turned it over and looked, i could see the entire screen was shattered. Furthermore, I feel very dumb for not having insurance on the phone, so any repair costs will come out of my pocket. Fortunately I have a wonderful wife who's line is available for an upgrade in a few weeks, I love my Aria, but I too think the screen is lacking. I will be picking a Bravo after watching many reviews on it and checking out all of the specs.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Thanks for the tip about the radio. I noticed that the screens on the Bravo do no scroll as smoothly as they did on the Aria, I think it's because the Bravo has so much more resolution and there is more to draw/animate. The captivate I had before was also not as smooth and snappy as the Aria. The Bravo GPS locks on fast and I'm getting used to the motoblur. I bought my Bravo on ebay for $320 buy it now. I think it's the best phone in that price range. One thing I need to figure out is how to disable the loud beep it makes when you connect and disconnect the charger...

I recently gave up my iPhone for the Bravo- it was a fairly educated decision and im mostly satisfied, however, im seriously considering switching to the Aria just for the two extra megapixels on the camera. Can anyone give me some feedback on the decision? Im also a fan of the sense layout?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by kwardwell View Post
    I recently gave up my iPhone for the Bravo- it was a fairly educated decision and im mostly satisfied, however, im seriously considering switching to the Aria just for the two extra megapixels on the camera. Can anyone give me some feedback on the decision? Im also a fan of the sense layout?
    Hardware wise the Bravo owns the Aria. BUT... Software wise, the Aria is miles ahead of the Bravo. CM 6.1 is available for the Aria, as are a TON more ROM's at XDA. But when a custom ROM is made available for the Bravo that removes Blur, you'll see a HUGE improvement in performance. The Bravo can also hit 1GHz through an overclock fairly easily when the modding community gets ahold of it.

For anyone that is frustrated with the choppy app drawer, check out LauncherPro. It is, IMO, much better than the MotoHome.

I got the Bravo a couple days ago and am having a difficult time multi-tasking. For example, my Palm Pre Plus could minimize open apps and I could just scroll thru and go back to one I was working on before. I haven't figured out how to do that with the Bravo but everyone says it's great at multi-tasking so there must be SOME way. But the major problem is that apparently Android has some kind of vendetta against Yahoo because I can't connect to my Yahoo email unless someone sends me a new email and I open it thru notifications! Even if I go online to Yahoo and click "Mail" I just get an error message. I am in love with swype and don't want to give it up but since I wasn't told about the Yahoo issue the manager says I can swap for the 8GB iPhone. I've never even used an iPhone for fear I would get addicted like I've watched so many others. I need a phone I can use for work. The Palm Pre Plus was fantastic but I couldn't deal with the battery life, but I hear that the iPhone gets even better battery life than the Bravo although I've lowered my brightness and turned off background animation to conserve battery life, but I need to be able to open and edit documents in Word, Excel and Adobe if at all possible. I have until tomorrow to make my decision. A friend lent me the money for the Bravo cause it was $50 with my new 2 year contract so I don't have money for ANY extra accessories or applications. I LOVE the Google Navigation, especially since my TomTom just up and died on me and I'm the queen of u-turns. I know this is an Android forum so I recognize there may be a bias but I really need help making this decision. The other thing that's important is that my kids watch Mobile Video all the time so I don't want to assume it's also on the iPhone and then now have it. PLEASE HELP ME MAKE AN EDUCATED DECISION BEFORE TOMORROW AT 3 (pst)! THANK YOU!!!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Wow.. Tough decisions! Welcome to the forums BTW.

The Palm WebOS devices are in a class of their own as far as multitasking is concerned... though Android comes VERY close. For multitasking press and hold the home button for a sec to bring up the app switcher pop-up. It's super easy to do. About the Yahoo E-Mail, what email app are you using?

The Bravo is superior in pretty much every way than the iPhone, and the Palm Pre (multitasking excluded). The hardware is also much better with the Bravo than either the iPhone or Pre.

I'm not sure what email app I'm using.just the one that says email. It will let me see new messages but not folders and no way to send new mail. Whenever I try to send a new email it always goes to gmail. Is there an app that will let me actually open my yahoo
    account instead of just see recent ly received email? I really want to keep this phone but I HAVE TO be able to open my yahoo account.

Thank you for the multitasking tip. I knew there had to be a way to do that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links