Pre upgrade advice

This is a discussion on Pre upgrade advice within the Motorola Bravo forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I don't see any discussions here, is it just me? Anyway, I currently have and love my Moto Razr2 V9x, hate the fact that you ...

Thread: Pre upgrade advice

Oklahoma City, OK

Pre upgrade advice

I don't see any discussions here, is it just me? Anyway, I currently have and love my Moto Razr2 V9x, hate the fact that you have to pay $25 per month for 2 GB Data Plan instead of my current $10 Per Month Unlimited by upgrading to a smart phone, but might as well join the party. I had a few questions about the Bravo first that maybe someone can help me with. I want the Captivate, but AT&T wants $150 with an upgrade and Dell offers it for $39 with an upgrade, but offers the Bravo for Free. I don't like spending money on phones when I pay what I do for 8 lines on two accounts every month.

Can you disable the animated wallpapers, wouldn't that save battery?
    Will the phone auto connect to Wi-Fi and prevent using data package anytime it is available? Thinking of trying to get by with 200 MB plan. Have Wi-fi at home, but it's unprotected, will Bravo still connect with no I.D. or password required?
    I read really bad things about MotoBlur... any comments?

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First of all, I really suggest securing your Wifi, since anything you transmit it is currently unprotected.

Anyway, yes, Android phones will auto connect to Wifi when it is available. There are also apps such as 3G Watchdog which you can use to monitor your cellular data usage for the month and can even use it along with other apps to disable the data when you hit your limit.

I haven't used or seen a Bravo, but my wife has a Captivate and it's a pretty good phone and she seems fairly pleased with it coming from an iPhone 3G.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

between 850-1900MHz
    71 times
    The only thing that would put me off from further Motorola products is just the sheer time it takes for them to push out Android Platform upgrades. Samsung is no better, but there is a HUGE dev community, and just more community support in general for the Galaxy S devices like the Captivate. Motorola locks their phones down too much for my liking, making it very difficult to modify anything.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links