Motorola CLIQ XT Won't Get Android 2.1 Upgrade

This is a discussion on Motorola CLIQ XT Won't Get Android 2.1 Upgrade within the Motorola Cliq XT forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Motorola's dangled an Android 2.1 upgrade in front of CLIQ XT users for what seems like forever -- now it's putting away the bait indefinitely. ...

Thread: Motorola CLIQ XT Won't Get Android 2.1 Upgrade

Twitter
    wwickedd

Motorola CLIQ XT Won't Get Android 2.1 Upgrade

Motorola's dangled an Android 2.1 upgrade in front of CLIQ XT users for what seems like forever -- now it's putting away the bait indefinitely. In a statement released this morning, the company said that despite months of rigorous testing, the phone will remain on Android 1.5. We first heard promises of an update in June last year, but Motorola quickly reneged. In November, its predecessor got an upgrade, but the CLIQ XT was left hanging. Then in December, the company announced a delay, citing "additional testing," and when those tests failed to bear fruit, it just plain gave up. Now CLIQ XT users are stuck with a phone indefinitely sporting an OS that's three steps behind the most up-to-date competition, and unfortunately, that's all she wrote -- Motorola shows no signs of pursuing another upgrade anytime soon. And that, friends, is your cue to pick up a handset made by HTC and situated on Verizon Wireless.

Motorola
    engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    That literally made my day. I loathe Moto. If they hadn't said at the very beginning that they were going to provide the Backflip a 2.1 update, AT&T wouldn't have forced them to bring it. Instead they pushed deadline after deadline after deadline, and were only several weeks away from breaking contract. If the Backflip and Cliq can have 2.1, there's absolutely no reason for the CliqXT to be stuck on 1.6. At least on the lower-end phones, the bootloaders need to be unlockable. That way, they can at least be user upgraded by community efforts. The Motorola Motus (AT&T Backflip) is the version sold in other countries, and they were mostly ALL left out of the 2.1 update that the US version got. IT'S THE SAME MODEL, yet nobody but the US Backflip got the update.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links