double antenna?

This is a discussion on double antenna? within the Motorola Droid X forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Now the Droid x is supposed to have double antenna technology so I've heard but it seems like I get the same reception as all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: double antenna?

double antenna?

Now the Droid x is supposed to have double antenna technology so I've heard but it seems like I get the same reception as all my other phones? Anyone know anything about the antenna technology in the phone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i think this dates back the the iphone 4 when it had antenna troubles about how it was held. dont think its gonna improve service, just maybe not lose service as opposed to one antenna phones..?

Virginia Beach, VA soon to be Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by cruckus View Post
    Now the Droid x is supposed to have double antenna technology so I've heard but it seems like I get the same reception as all my other phones? Anyone know anything about the antenna technology in the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    i think this dates back the the iphone 4 when it had antenna troubles about how it was held. dont think its gonna improve service, just maybe not lose service as opposed to one antenna phones..?
    I think Abe is spot on here. The 2 antennas don't necessarily provide increased signal strength so much as reduce the ability to attenuate your signal artificially. Holding the phone from the bottom will leave the top antenna fully able while holding it from the top leaves the bottom alone. Technically, you could actually have the same signal attenuation as the iPhone 4, but you would have to hold it like a crack monkey with paralytic arthritis.

Well that's true but on some roms I had an increase in signal so it was strange plus apple said the evo and the x had the same problem so my friend who has the evo did the grab the top method and his signal went down so I grab the whole top and bottom of the x and no signal drop! The x is a beast that's all but was just wondering and thanks for the insight

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Dual diversity antennas that are found in the X are put there to help bring an equilibrium to fluctuating signal strengths. You know on some phones, you can stand in one spot and just watch the signal bars go up and down without you moving an inch? That's what the X's antennas help with. They keep a more consistent signal in a "geographical location". They don't actually provide _much_ of a boost in actual signal strength, but they do help with the radio interference caused by the "deathgrip".

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Well they were saying that the droid x suffers from the death grip also. I didnt have the same result as the video!
    IF YOU NEED HELP WE ARE HERE!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by x-tac23 View Post
    Well they were saying that the droid x suffers from the death grip also. I didnt have the same result as the video!
    I have tested the X, and from my tests I can't get it to drop but, maybe, 5dBm. That's with very expensive company equipment... I'd say the X has one of the better antenna designs I've seen.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Twitter
    hotTACOcheese
    My incredible refuses lose any signal no matter how I hold it. It actually gains signal when I hold it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android.net App

There is not much to look at in this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by htc(hot-taco-cheese) View Post
    My incredible refuses lose any signal no matter how I hold it. It actually gains signal when I hold it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android.net App
    Are you a member of Daft Punk?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Dual diversity antennas that are found in the X are put there to help bring an equilibrium to fluctuating signal strengths. You know on some phones, you can stand in one spot and just watch the signal bars go up and down without you moving an inch? That's what the X's antennas help with. They keep a more consistent signal in a "geographical location". They don't actually provide _much_ of a boost in actual signal strength, but they do help with the radio interference caused by the "deathgrip".
    I can see that that makes since but like I had said I had better signal with different roms then others maybe they put up a new tower by my house but I live in a dead zone but I have great coverage everywhere else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links