Droid X Bootloader

This is a discussion on Droid X Bootloader within the Motorola Droid X forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by maderschramm this is amazing news! I actually checked that page out while ago but this is new progress. The problem I heard ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Droid X Bootloader

Android Jr Member PalmerCurling's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maderschramm View Post
    this is amazing news! I actually checked that page out while ago but this is new progress.

The problem I heard was with the Radio not working..something about how Moto set it up if a kernel was loaded from within the radio exploded...or something

then again, with the release of TBH's radio that you can flash in clockworkmod, perhaps loading it up "after the fact" might work?

I'm just throwing stuff out there. Best of luck to them.

Most of the heavy lifting has been done within the last 2-4 weeks, I believe. I do not know what specifically happens to the radio, but yes, the radio goes insane.

Aliasxerog said he hasn't done any work on fixing that yet, he was more concerned about getting the kexec module done and stabilized. I'd guess either he will do it himself or devs will find a way do make it work. All in good time, I suppose!

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App
    any questions about project bootloader freedom, contact me! email: palmercurling AT android.net, twitter @palmercurling, droidforums.net!

yeah from what I remember it was a driver issue - no one seems to know how to write it for moto's software
    <- ignore the dancing android - I want to murder everyone

This was brought up in the droidforums.net forums:

The kexec module being released is NOT an instant fix. No software exists for use with the module, no dev has had the chance to start working on fixes for the issues kexec brings (I.e. no radio).

This is simply a starting point, not an ending point. Great work has been done, and a great plateau scaled. But its unfortunately useless until we have radio patches ect. and ROMs that take advantage of it.

So devs in the room: PLEASE lend a hand! Help produce whats needed to make the Droid X a real contender in the custom ROM market!

any questions about project bootloader freedom, contact me! email: palmercurling AT android.net, twitter @palmercurling, droidforums.net!

I'm not a dev by any means but I'd love to see this cracked too. Either way, the DX rocks.

BTW, got my eyes crossed too.

Les

DROID Bootloader Accepts a New Challenger, Progress Already Made?

I found this at Droid Life.com and thought this would be interesting for all!!!

DROID Bootloader Accepts a New Challenger, Progress Already Made?

After months of attempts from some of the industryís best, the DROID X bootloader and stock kernel remain in tact. While there are ways to tip-toe around it, we have never actually had full access to the phone and have always approached ROMs on the device with extra caution. Today though, it looks like a new challenger has accepted the task and claims to have made some actual progress using kexec in an attempt write over the stock DX kernel. What is kexec? With my lack of linux knowledge, Iím not about to attack that one, but do know that itís a way for someone to boot a new kernel over a currently running one.
    Will it finally be done? I have no idea, but I wish this brave soul the best of luck.
    You can follow him on Twitter: @aliasxerog
    You can also check his new site dedicated to the task, plus look for mirrors of his first attempt later on today. From what Iíve gathered, his first attempts at flashing a new kernel were semi-successful, but are completely unstable and needs help from the community to make this thing work.
    Good luck!
    by Kellex

I merged the threads!
    IF YOU NEED HELP WE ARE HERE!

http://phones.crackflashers.com/Droid%20X/index.php

Here's a dl link! read the install instructions and I'd suggest reading the last few posts on the droidforums.net page just to know what you are actually looking at. I will have more mirrors posted later in the evening.

Downloads a-plenty at my site.

If this guy needs testers I'll gladly sacrifice my X for it.

Contact alias to ask him. I know we need driver writers/porters. Outside of that, not too sure.

Edit: check my site, wix.com/PalmerCurling/Project-Bootloader-Freedom for downloads. Make sure to read tthe readme! Alias, myself and our wondeful server hosts are not to blame if you Bork anything! Make sure to backup your current ROM!

New version being released February 15. We really need driver help and testers. If you are interested please contact me via pm, twitter (Palmercurling) or email (Palmercurling@android.net)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links