Moto's Embarrassed

This is a discussion on Moto's Embarrassed within the Motorola Droid X forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; FBM has a very good point. Sent from my Droid using Android.net App...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Moto's Embarrassed

FBM has a very good point.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

I just tried to buy motofail.com to build gripe site. Wish it wasn't taken. Lol.

Any other good url ideas?

Edit: I can get .info or .mobi

{{ WugFresh }}
    Last edited by WugFresh; 01-20-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Android Enthusiast Martin030908's Avatar
    Moto is biting the hand that fed them... the openness of the Droid 1 is what saved their company... Moto was dying... the Droid revived them in a major way. It drew a huge following in the development scene.

They'll still get their sales from consumers who know nothing of, or care nothing about hacking... but the development community is going to leave Moto by the wayside if they keep this up. IMO YMV

I'm going to have to disagree with everyone on this thread oh nooooooo : ) In regards to them locking down their bootloaders and the effect it had and will have on sales that is. Keep in mind I'm just as unhappy about it as well : ) I want an unlocked device.

With that said. I don't believe the hacking community saved Motorola. Not even close. The Droid 1 and the enormous DROID DOES marketing campaign is what saved Motorola. The hacking community is/was just a blip on their radar. If they continue the practice of locking the bootloader and the hacking community moves on they won't even notice. We are a a very small percentage of their end users. If it WAS going to have a significant effect on their sales figures I believe they would be rethinking their policies and this discussion would not even be going on. Just my thoughts and I know they are not favorable but I had to just put it oput there : ) go ahead and throw eggs at me and call me names now lol

Android Enthusiast Martin030908's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with everyone on this thread oh nooooooo : ) In regards to them locking down their bootloaders and the effect it had and will have on sales that is. Keep in mind I'm just as unhappy about it as well : ) I want an unlocked device.

With that said. I don't believe the hacking community saved Motorola. The Droid 1 and the enormous DROID DOES marketing campaign is what saved Motorola. The hacking community is/was just a blip on their radar. If they continue the practice of locking the bootloader and the hacking community moves on they won't even notice. We are a a very small percentage of their end users. If it WAS going to have a significant effect on their sales figures I believe they would be rethinking their policies and this discussion would not even be going on. Just my thoughts and I know they are not favorable but I had to just put it oput there : ) go ahead and throw eggs at me and call me names now lol
    Who asked for a logical response?

I know I didn't... I'd rather kick and scream over it. lol

seriously however, good point CK.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Who asked for a logical response?

I know I didn't... I'd rather kick and scream over it. lol

seriously however, good point CK.
    hahahahahahaha...woot woot

I agree, I don't think the hacking community saved them... But let me be a disgruntled customer. RARRRR!!!!

The hacking community did not save Motorola. The huge success of the Droid, did. Heck before the Droid I would have never even considered Motoroal as a manufacture. All their recent phones up to that time were complete junk in my eyes. They had some good ideas just not the implementation. I really think that Android had a big part. With out the android OS the droid would most likely have fallen on its face like so many other smartphones. Heck I was considering buying a Samsung Omnia before the droid came out, man did it ever have a crappy UI.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

While I'll agree the Dev community + us hacked Moto users doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of sales, think about how many of your friends and family bought Moto devices because you had one, whether they rooted or remained stock. Yes, DROID DOES helped a lot, but its easier to see what Droid does if you know someone who has one. How does that saying go? A satisfied customer will tell 1 person, while an unhappy customer will tell 10? That's a potentially exponential fail waiting to happen.

This made me laugh:
    Quote Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
    I agree, I don't think the hacking community saved them {Motorola}... But let me be a disgruntled customer. RARRRR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dammit View Post
    While I'll agree the Dev community + us hacked Moto users doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of sales, think about how many of your friends and family bought Moto devices because you had one, whether they rooted or remained stock. Yes, DROID DOES helped a lot, but its easier to see what Droid does if you know someone who has one. How does that saying go? A satisfied customer will tell 1 person, while an unhappy customer will tell 10? That's a potentially exponential fail waiting to happen.
    I came over from an iphone, because a coworker had the OG Droid .. and Apple comepletely hosed my 3G with tha 4.1 update... so I took my lumps paid my way out of ATT.. and went and bought a Droid, all because I had toyed around with his... otherwise I probably would have just upgraded to a newer Iphone..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links