Moto's Embarrassed

This is a discussion on Moto's Embarrassed within the Motorola Droid X forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; They may be still keeping it locked, but kexec works. Check my site got details. Currently prealpha, but with some time, this ain't be anything ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Moto's Embarrassed

Android Jr Member PalmerCurling's Avatar
    They may be still keeping it locked, but kexec works. Check my site got details. Currently prealpha, but with some time, this ain't be anything to worry about.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App
    any questions about project bootloader freedom, contact me! email: palmercurling AT android.net, twitter @palmercurling, droidforums.net!

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    CK, I never said (and strongly agree with the blip theory) that the hacking community saved Moto. The phone they made and the push from Verizon did.

The unlocked bootloader just helped us help them.

Android Enthusiast OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    I know with the moto bootloaders being locked you cant change the kernel, I have never really looked but can you overclock any of the newer HTC or Samsung devices?

I guess change the kernel would be more appropriate to say cause I know even the X can have the stock kernel OC'd a bit.
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    I know with the moto bootloaders being locked you cant change the kernel, I have never really looked but can you overclock any of the newer HTC or Samsung devices?

I guess change the kernel would be more appropriate to say cause I know even the X can have the stock kernel OC'd a bit.
    Most certainly. I'm stable at 1.6GHz, but that literally rapes battery life. The thing I think I like most about the custom kernels is that hardware drivers can be modified, color profiles changed for OLED panels, CPU frequency polling... It's the one reason why I won't get another Moto. HTC grants you this same freedom as soon as you unlock the bootloader and NAND. HTC's are locked to begin with, but they're easily unlockable. Samsung's is wide open.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by PalmerCurling View Post
    They may be still keeping it locked, but kexec works. Check my site got details. Currently prealpha, but with some time, this ain't be anything to worry about.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App
    I'm gonna get my friend to get in contact with you sometime this week. I think he might have some insight on this radio driver issue. The work you guys have done is awsome and are way too close for a stalemate. I really think it will be resolved. I'm very optimistic about the project your working on, but wouldn't it be nice if the manufactures didn't require us to hack into our "open source" droids. Locking the bootloader is down right asinine.

Edit; sorry for false info, my friend can't help.

{{ WugFresh }}

Quote Originally Posted by bratliff View Post
    I came over from an iphone, because a coworker had the OG Droid .. and Apple comepletely hosed my 3G with tha 4.1 update... so I took my lumps paid my way out of ATT.. and went and bought a Droid, all because I had toyed around with his... otherwise I probably would have just upgraded to a newer Iphone..
    I was close to getting the new iPhone but I was sick of AT&T and then a friend of mine let me play with his Droid.. the rest is history.

{{ WugFresh }}

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links