Which Folders on the SD Can Be Safely Deleted?

This is a discussion on Which Folders on the SD Can Be Safely Deleted? within the Motorola Droid X forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hope this is the correct place to post this question, I have searched all over on this one. There is a folder called "ImageList" on ...

Thread: Which Folders on the SD Can Be Safely Deleted?

Which Folders on the SD Can Be Safely Deleted?

Hope this is the correct place to post this question, I have searched all over on this one. There is a folder called "ImageList" on the SD card that is loaded with files. None of these files have extenstions so I am not sure what they are or if I can delete them.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Usually the only memory used on sd cards are control only kb of files and JavaScripts which control many applications on your device therefore its really not a good idea to erase . Unless you know what folders go to what apps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Android.net

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Post the ones in questions and I'll let ya know

which of these can i delete

update1--update--UnKnown_Oreo_v1--tz--toolbox-stericson--su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed--
    sbl3--sbl2--sbl1--rpm--requestCloudPassage--register--recovery.img--reboot-stericson--
    radio--pg2fs_spcustom--1.23.0000_20111226_signedbyaa.nb0--fix_permissions--
    busybox-stericson--android-info--adsp--yume_android_sdk--XMS--WWF--Videos--
    -video--tmp--titanium backup--thd2--thiacomcenter--telenav--sysdevt--svox--supertask manager
    sounds--sound hound--social_cache--smart app protecter--slacker--sketcher-romtoolbox--
    ringtones--ringsome--popringtone--pixexp--pictures--photo wonder--palmary weather--paint--other files--openfient--
    nq_log--Notifications--nmc_ext--MyMeasureData--myalbum--musicdownload--music--mp3download--mobi_dm--mikulu--mobi_drm--mikulu--media--LOST.DIR--
    kkbox--kernel-manager--jp.cyberfort.superloudaurora--jp.cyberfort.audioplayerwitheqtrial--invictus--inard--images--icons--htc sync--hdcallerid--gostore--gosms--
    googlemapsphotos--genplusdroid--gameloft--gamecache--fmradio-everythingdroid_download--earthrot-downloads--download--dcim--data--darkforest--collectorseyes--
    clockwordmod--cauly--cache--burstlyimagecache--bugreports--backups--aura--aringtones--app_backup_restore--andromedia--android--4ext--.youversion--.photosola--
    ,mixzing--.htcmustthumbs--.gamead--.fontchanger--.estrongs--.data--.bookmark_thumb1--.BBHD3--.astro--android_secure--.adobe-digital-editions

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Most of those folders were created by apps. When you uninstall an app the folder remains. So if you don't have some of those apps anymore then delete their corresponding folders. Otherwise the folders will be recreated whenever you open the app. Don't touch the busybox or clockword folders as those are importat for root permission.

/mnt/sdcard/burstlyImageCache

my files have no titles, merely numbers.
    ex: 1970016269
    710780964 etc...
    When I click on any one of them it says: Open file: No applications can perform this action.

Sponsored Links