Droid X2 Forum has been added to Android.net!

This is a discussion on Droid X2 Forum has been added to Android.net! within the Motorola Droid X2 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Welcome to the Droid X2 Forum on Android.net! This section is dedicated to the upcoming Droid X2 due out later this month. Anyone waiting for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid X2 Forum has been added to Android.net!

Twitter
    droidforums

Droid X2 Forum has been added to Android.net!

Welcome to the Droid X2 Forum on Android.net! This section is dedicated to the upcoming Droid X2 due out later this month.

Anyone waiting for this phone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    I've had my X since launch and its been an awesome phone. Its still one of the best available. The X2 will be smokin fast!

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    The X2 will be smoking fast, but with all the new phones on the horizon it's difficult to make a call so early

I just ordered it online today from Verizon. had been holding out for the Bionic, but couldn't wait. the only differance I could see was that the bionic is 4G & a front faceing camera. to pay the extra $$$ for it wasn't worth it for Me, especialy if they charge more for 4G data ? should get up & running before it hits the stores. My wife has a iPhone4 and has been trying very hard for me get one too, Sorry.

I am taking a serious look at this phone. If I knew 4g would be in my area in the next year or so, I might wait...I kind of hate to use my two year upgrade on this and then wish I hadn't because of 4g. Other than that, I would be satisfied with the phone.

I read on DroidLife that someone used the Gingerroot.apk to root this phone already...can anyone confirm that?

Super Moderator/RS psychotic_penguin's Avatar
    Twitter
    @pternahan
    Just ordered mine tonight......back to Moto

DROID X2 by Motorola is Solid

Well, all I can say is that Motorola's products are solid specialy the DROID X2 (MythosLife.com: Motorola DROID X2 with Verizon is Now Available). Verizon's marketing is working as far as PR'ing their DROID series. The newest DROID Charge by Samsung (MythosLife.com: DROID Charge by Samsung for Verizon is now available) is a great by as well because it is 4G, rather than 3G.

Super Moderator/RS psychotic_penguin's Avatar
    Twitter
    @pternahan
    Quote Originally Posted by holsteinmoo View Post
    I am taking a serious look at this phone. If I knew 4g would be in my area in the next year or so, I might wait...I kind of hate to use my two year upgrade on this and then wish I hadn't because of 4g. Other than that, I would be satisfied with the phone.

I read on DroidLife that someone used the Gingerroot.apk to root this phone already...can anyone confirm that?
    Confirmed that Gingerbreak roots this phone. I was rooted about a minute after activation, first time out of the gate. Just like z4Root you can root and unroot with this app.

Quote Originally Posted by psychotic_penguin View Post
    Confirmed that Gingerbreak roots this phone. I was rooted about a minute after activation, first time out of the gate. Just like z4Root you can root and unroot with this app.
    Thanks for letting me know. I am trying to be patient to see what develops for the phone. I want at least dual core for my next device. So how does the locked bootloader affect customization, roms, and such? I mean the DX has roms and themes available for it, right?

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Themes, yes. ROMS? No. Themes? Yes. Anything on the X calling itself a ROM is a glorified theme. Same with any locked bootloader device. There's a reason why there isn't a CyanogenMod for the X. The same will hold true for the X2 (and any future Motorola phone) unless Motorola releases, someone leaks, or someone finds a way to spoof the signing keys.

Chances of a leak are next to nil, finding a way to bypass, spoof, or hack the bootloader? That crap's encrypted so tightly it puts NSA standard cryptology to shame.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links