Dedicated OG Droid Owners

This is a discussion on Dedicated OG Droid Owners within the Motorola Droid forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Droid1 since February, rooted shortly after. Still running DroidMod but it does what I like. Wife's Droid1 back to stock shortly after rooting, just replaced ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated OG Droid Owners

Droid1 since February, rooted shortly after. Still running DroidMod but it does what I like. Wife's Droid1 back to stock shortly after rooting, just replaced with a CLNR and it works flawlessly. First phone I haven't wanted to replace after 6 months, but the Bionic or Thunderbolt will probably be in hand soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dmodert66 View Post
    On OG Droid. Stock at the moment, but am planning to reroot since I haven't been rooted for a few months and want to see what they've done with roms.

The Bionic looks to be one hell of a phone. I played around with one (pre production model made specifically for CES) and it was smooth as butter. It was running 2.2, but they said it should be on 2.3 on release. I love my Droid though, the main thing that will get me to upgrade will be 4G, so I'll likely wait until it's available in my area (outside LA). They say it should be **SOON** but we all know what that means...heh

**EDIT** BTW BCrawford, the Bionic is the same phone as the Atrix, but the Atrix has 1GB of ram (vs 512, why they did that I'll never know). The Atrix also has the dock deal, but the Moto rep hinted that the Bionic will get that as well (but would not confirm). I'm betting AT&T has an exclusivity window on the accessory.
    I think the final take on the Bionic RAM situation is that it has 512 DDR which will be better in long run cause Atrix has 1 gig but half of it goes to the other system that it runs for PC use. Not a definite on this one but I think it won't use the whole 1gig just on the phone.. Only when it is docked and boots up the other system on the phone. Still kind of a dual booting phone.. well sort of.. is neat. But Bionic has the bigger screen, updated blur.. bleh.. but could be worse.. , and the DDR RAM.. Overall the same phone pretty much..

Happy Droid Owner since 11/09. Rooted on 12/09 I have used the following Roms: UD 5.X- 9.X , Cyanogen 5-6.2, Shadow Rom, Liquid Frozen Yogurt, and currently on Bugless Beast 6.2X. I find BB works best on my phone and hums along great at 800mHz. I love the AOSP look and feel but runs great and looks even better with a theme.

Got mine in December 2009, rooted 3 days later and ran almost every released rom and work on UD now what a trip lol.

Love my original droid.waiting on bionic before I get my next upgrade. Still rockin my og droid 1.2ghz oc and cm. of course I rooted asap. My boss hates my mods lol just jealous

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

correct wctaylor it doesn't use a full gig to run Android/blur. That would be overkill : )

The extra RAM is because the device runs and maintains 2 Operating Systems at the same time. Webtop application doesn't shut down. If AT&T users are as anal as VZW users they are going to go nuts when they see how many things are running. Add to the mix taskillers because of their frustration then a whole lot of problems will be introduced : )

OG Droid represent. Just been holding out for a worthy successor. The Optimus 2X is definitely worthy; here's to hoping it comes to VZW.

Android Lurker mountaineerndixie's Avatar
    Upgraded to Moto Droid from Eris in May 2010. Currently rooted and rotating nandroids (depending on my mood) of UD 2.5 (Venom), CM 6.1.1, MIUI 1.1.14 (BnB), DavrosMOD and Steel Droid.

It seems that everytime I flash a new ROM and get everything perfect I get bored because there is no tweaking left to do...so I flash a new ROM and start over. There has maybe been 3-4 days since May that I have had the same ROM installed for 24 hours and that was because I was sick and didn't touch the phone.......

I would love to at some point upgrade but haven't seen any handsets that I'm willing to go with yet. Whatever I do I will still rock my OG!!!

My name is mountaineerndixie and I'm a Droid addict......

Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    correct wctaylor it doesn't use a full gig to run Android/blur. That would be overkill : )

The extra RAM is because the device runs and maintains 2 Operating Systems at the same time. Webtop application doesn't shut down. If AT&T users are as anal as VZW users they are going to go nuts when they see how many things are running. Add to the mix taskillers because of their frustration then a whole lot of problems will be introduced : )
    Thank you for this, I was wondering why the difference in ram between them.

I have had my OG Droid for 1 year and 3 months or so. I didn't root it right away, but then did later on. Currently using Project Elite v3.5 (Would have 4.1 but my boot partition has a corrupted block which doesn't allow me to install some new roms that have a boot image more than 3MB, ). Waiting until the gingerbread roms get completely worked out and I might try one of those if the boot image is small enough.

I got mine from Best Buy on 11/6/09. I had put down a deposit and was in line to pick mine up when the guy before me said "I'm not paying for that" (I presume he meant the data plan) and left, so I got his.

It's kinda funny; at the time I had a Voyager and was looking at the upcoming Storm 2. I saw a picture of the Droid, but I didn't really read the information at the time. At the time I thought you got the Droid and the physical keyboard was an accessory that you purchased separately (probably combined the picture of the Droid with the keyboard out with information about the Multimedia Dock). Then I learned more and became interested.

It's still unrooted.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links