Dedicated OG Droid Owners

This is a discussion on Dedicated OG Droid Owners within the Motorola Droid forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Droid 1 since Dec.'09 project elite 4.1 1.1ghz. Didn't root till frg83d. Patiently waiting for a no compromise droid if verizon hasn't forgotten about us ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated OG Droid Owners

Droid 1 since Dec.'09 project elite 4.1 1.1ghz. Didn't root till frg83d. Patiently waiting for a no compromise droid if verizon hasn't forgotten about us
    FastLane

Got mine in December '09, rooted in February '10, runnin Cyanogenmod 6 right now. I plan on sticking it out until my upgrade in December. When that time comes il either get the best vanilla android phone (it better have 4g and dual core), or a verizon iphone if there is one with 4g (dont hate )

Love my stock Droid. No iphone in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    I got mine from Best Buy on 11/6/09. I had put down a deposit and was in line to pick mine up when the guy before me said "I'm not paying for that" (I presume he meant the data plan) and left, so I got his.

It's kinda funny; at the time I had a Voyager and was looking at the upcoming Storm 2. I saw a picture of the Droid, but I didn't really read the information at the time. At the time I thought you got the Droid and the physical keyboard was an accessory that you purchased separately (probably combined the picture of the Droid with the keyboard out with information about the Multimedia Dock). Then I learned more and became interested.

It's still unrooted.
    Wow not many of you that I have seen.. Unrooted and browsing the forums. More power to you. I have a buddy of mine that refuses to root, but he is on an X now and doesn't feel like doing the work around. So how is the unrooted life? I only ask cause the only people I ever see with unrooted is cause they are morons that don't know that the Droid can do more then phone calls, but if you are here then you are by far no moron... So you using specific launchers and hows the speed of the phone holding up a year later??

I have no idea what month I got my Droid but I am on my 3rd one and of course, rooted. Hasn't let me down yet. Was using the latest MIUI but I switched to stock for a bit because I was supposed to be shipping out but that didn't happen. So, I'll probably flash that again or maybe something else. Not really sure. Really love that ROM. Definitely excited about the Thunderbolt and Bionic and whatever other devices Verizon has in store for us but it's a hard choice. I like Moto but I'm not real big on their design. But honestly, I'm considering an iPhone. Since I've never had one I'm really curious about whether or not I'll like it but Android is growing and adding constant options and abilities. We'll see.

got the D1 xmas '09, rooted about 6 months ago (i know, i know - what was i waiting for?!) running Project Elite 4.2 beta. waiting for a phone that can do more than my rooted D1, and thus far i ain't seen it! hoping on the Solana in 2011; otherwise, the Bionic. as CK always says, if it's not from Moto, it's not a Droid

Currently running Project Elite which has been great for me but it's time for a change again. Love the rom though. The quadrant scores are pretty wild, at least for what I've really seen. I think I get 1556 with a 1.1 Ghz kernel (Let me know how this compares if you would please!) but I think I will try GimpMod when it's released in beta.

I've had my Droid since December of 2009 and it took me a few months to root. But once I did, I really began to enjoy the phone. I mean I liked it a lot before, but once I saw what could be done, I was hooked! During that time, things have come and gone that were nice and some would say better than the OG D1, but you couldn't tell me anything that my rooted and OC'd Droid couldn't do. I liked the Droid X with it's bigger screen etc., but not enough to switch. The only phone that I did become really envious of was the Evo 4g. THAT PHONE had me salivating for when it came to Verizon, but now, we have a version of it and there are so many better phones coming out.

Needless to say, I will be switching soon enough because the new crop of phones truly are better than mine.

Got mine on 11/7/09
    Still using it to even though I upgraded to the X on 11/04/10. I don't think I will ever let it go.
    Droid running ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning v4.9 haven't upgraded to 4.95 yet. Overclocked to 1Ghz at the moment with the stock lv kernel.
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

rooted my OG as soon as i got it last year.. running MIUI right now and its keeping my droid young and fun. I am tempted by so many phones out there.. (i have an obsessive need for new technology) but im so happy with my droid and its abilities that for me, theres no reason to switch unless my phone (god forbid) breaks... OG DROID 4 Life!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links