Dedicated OG Droid Owners

This is a discussion on Dedicated OG Droid Owners within the Motorola Droid forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Had mine for exactly one year and love it more everyday. I rooted it once and themed it, but currently running frg83d stock with Launcher ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated OG Droid Owners

Had mine for exactly one year and love it more everyday. I rooted it once and themed it, but currently running frg83d stock with Launcher Pro. The phone and android have so many possibilities it's just amazing. Thought about converting to an Iphone, but that lasted about 1 minute. Currently waited patiently for the Bionic....

Twitter
    guidot42
    Rooted. I will be with my OG for a long time. At least until my contract end in Sept.

I am an avid member of MetiCkone and Davros, and test their builds.

I too am waiting for the Bionic (if they even still sell it by Sept.)

project elite 4.1
    slayher 1.2LV
    definitely waiting on the bionic

Bought my Droid in February of last year, a month before my actual eligibility for my New Every Two. I was that excited for it, and am still happy with it. I was rooted at one point, but unrooted because I just really didn't care for it, though I do understand the appeal. I've noticed that my phone's been running a little slower as of late, and unfortunately I won't be eligible for an upgrade until September, and I'm definitely eyeing the Bionic, unless something else comes out by then better than that.

Its been about a year and a month and I still think its the best device available, and I know first hand we are not done making it better. Heck we aren't even done making Froyo better and Gingerbread ROMs are all over the place. I have the UD gingerbread beta running for the weekend then its back to the Newest Droid Concepts ROM that is very in the works and has been running perfect for two weeks now.

I got mine last year around march or February. No other phone has made me want to switch, besides maybe the incredible. I tried my friends out and it was pretty nice. I am rooted and loving it. Im using the MIUI custom rom right now. Im waiting for the Thunderbolt or Bionic. I want to stick with the Droid brand because, its just awesome. Though if the new one is locked down, and by all the other Motorola phones, its likely to be, i might just go with the TB. Im not really sure yet. I love trying out new roms all the time and would miss that if i got the Bionic. I can make stock look pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by wctaylor79 View Post
    Wow not many of you that I have seen.. Unrooted and browsing the forums. More power to you. I have a buddy of mine that refuses to root, but he is on an X now and doesn't feel like doing the work around. So how is the unrooted life? I only ask cause the only people I ever see with unrooted is cause they are morons that don't know that the Droid can do more then phone calls, but if you are here then you are by far no moron... So you using specific launchers and hows the speed of the phone holding up a year later??
    To me, it's like buying a new car. Some like to keep it stock, while others want to change the seats and put in a Glass Pack exhaust.

Well, I did plan to root, but for 6 months I was out of work and while there's a Rescue Squad I didn't want the potential of losing a job offer because I had done something to prevent the phone (yes, it IS a phone) from operating. The one thing I would like to do is to overclock it. I still might, but as I'm thinking of getting the Bionic it may not happen.

Even without rooting, I get a lot of information from the forums. I first found out about Droid Forum when I did a Google search for "Extended Battery." I've learned about good apps and bad apps. I did the Froyo update manually getting the update.zip from the forum.

I use Launcher Pro, although in the past I've used Panda, GDE and Helix.
    Last edited by aaf709; 01-16-2011 at 06:17 PM.

I have the D1 and have had it for bout a year. Unrooted, launcher Pro, Juice defender beta. Still scared to root. I dont know anybody that lives near me that has rooted to show me how to do it. I know there is a lot of info online on how to do it but would like to see someone do it then walk me through it.

I'm rockin the OG still. Got it back in Jan of last year. It was rooted about 3 hours after I got home. I'm holding out for a dual core, and then my battered and bruised OG will become a music player.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

I have had mine since launch day. I rooted it only 3 months ago, first using the z4root, and then when the update made me lose root, using the Superoneclick method.

To be honest, the main reason I rooted was to get my blinking led light back when the screen is on. Stupid call for whoever got rid of that! I have used wireless tether (my iPod loving daughter thinks that is the coolest feature....) and a few other root apps, but other than the led issue, I was quite happy with it unrooted!

My daughter just went back to school with her unrooted Droid 2 (won't let me touch it for fear I will root it for her!)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links