Dedicated OG Droid Owners

This is a discussion on Dedicated OG Droid Owners within the Motorola Droid forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I have had mine since Feb '10 and love it. I rooted it in ~May and absolutely love what I can do with it. Currently ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated OG Droid Owners

I have had mine since Feb '10 and love it. I rooted it in ~May and absolutely love what I can do with it.

Currently jumping between UD 2.5.0 and Sourcery 1.3
    Was using Chevy LV 1.1GHz #2, but recently switched to Slayher LV 1.1GHz #1.6
    Stock themes on both (though I have tried multiple themes for UD)
    Modified battery icon (Liquid Battery w/o Percents)
    OC'd to 1.0GHz and using profiles to OC and UC depending on the situation
    TiBU, Rom Manager, Cache Mate, Wireless Tether for Root Users, Drocap, Metamorph, Terminal Emulator, Root Explorer, and more.

This phone rocks. It is the most user friendly in the rooting world. It feels (and so far is) very robust and actually feels like a tool as compared to a light weight toy.

I know that eventually I will HAVE to upgrade my phone, but until that day comes, I'm sticking with this bad boy...

Kratos

I got mine in December (had to wait a month for my upgrade). Rooted, OD'd, and loving it. Not sure what Ill get for my next upgrade. I really dont want to pay for LTE when I wont have it, but I would like a top end phone. The LG Star looks good, but there are going to be a lot of phones before now and then. I thought I needed a physical keyboard, but Ive learned I dont like it. My 7 year old just told me it would be a perfect hand me down for him. Gotta love kids!

This made me laugh:
    Quote Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
    I agree, I don't think the hacking community saved them {Motorola}... But let me be a disgruntled customer. RARRRR!!!!

got it launch day... still in great condition running elite 4.1 at 800mhz. i havnt even been tempted until now but that bionic is looking pretty nice, dual core and an acceptable amount of internal memory might pull me away. love my original droid though, wouldnt trade it for anything available now.

Trap Hill, North Carolina but I'm from Baltimore, Maryland
    OG Droid owner since day dot!!!! I have 3 actually. One is for every day use. Another is for testing new themes that I help with, roms (I helped beta test the Sourcery Rom and it's awesome) and metamorphs before I put them on my main droid. The third was dropped from a foot off of the ground and the screen went black. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is with that one but I'm keeping it around for parts. I am loyal as f*@% to all of my Droids and I don't plan on parting with any of them. Not even the broken one.

No other phone has tempted me to upgrade at all. Mostly because no other phone has as many roms, themes, and tweaks made for it. None even come close. If I ever upgrade I will still keep my OG Droids around to play with.

I use The Ultimate Droid, Sourcery, and P.E. roms depending on what rom I am making/testing stuff for. I have used most of the other roms out there and love them all but I love to be able to customize my Droids as much as possible.

Side note: I have other android phones too but ever since I got a second and third OG Droid I don't even turn them on. (Other phones- Moto Cliq, LG Ally, and Dinc)

The only thing that'll take me away from my OG Droid (right now w/ MIUI) is a 100% developer-friendly LTE phone from Verizon. I don't see any point in getting a new phone where the developers can't support it w/ ASOP ROMs and kernels and all the other awesomeness that makes my phone feel brand new every time I flash!

For now I am dedicated to my OG Droid 1. Until something comes out for Verizon with a bigger screen and front-facing camera...then I might switch.

Love mine and don't plan to change any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RafficaX View Post
    Got mine in December 2009, rooted 3 days later and ran almost every released rom and work on UD now what a trip lol.
    I really like your Carbon theme

got mine november 19th, rooted, stock, overclocked to 1ghz. my favorite part is my 3500mah extended battery ;p ive never changed simply because there isn't a vanilla android phone with a physical keyboard that can beat the D1! oh.... and also has to be on verizon

At this point I won't ditch mine until CM stops support .... which isn't anytime soon.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links