Dedicated OG Droid Owners

This is a discussion on Dedicated OG Droid Owners within the Motorola Droid forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Just picked up a used D1 for my gf today. Hopefully she'll let me help her root and rom, and all the other good stuff:-) ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated OG Droid Owners

Just picked up a used D1 for my gf today. Hopefully she'll let me help her root and rom, and all the other good stuff:-) I got the X myself. Is there any way to get swype on the D1?

Swyped while swirving

Quote Originally Posted by Gravybird View Post
    Is there any way to get swype on the D1?
    Sure, if you join their Beta group. I've had it on mine for some time.

I am pretty sure you still have to request it through their website and wait for them to email you a link

Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    Sure, if you join their Beta group. I've had it on mine for some time.
    By their beta group, do you mean swype? Do you have a link for that by chance? Thanks:-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App

Quote Originally Posted by Gravybird View Post
    By their beta group, do you mean swype? Do you have a link for that by chance? Thanks:-)
    It's Swype | Text Input for Screens. Just click on "Swype Beta Now Open."

Thank you very much!

Sent from my DROIDX using Android.net App

i am sticking with the d1 because of the unadulterated android UI, openness (an unlocked bootloader, is a happy bootloader ) and the dev support. the only thing that will tear me away from my d1 is a truly open phone. i'm considering the nexus s, and will probably go that route in june. i'm currently running ultimate droid gb nighty 2/22 -- it's meh. the typos kill me, to be honest (PREform, instead of PERform // ABILTIY instead of ABILITY....drives me insane...)

of note... i had a droid 2 for a week about 4-5 months ago... i sold it on ebay and re-activated my d1 and transferred the insurance immediately lol :D

It is going real well for me, at this time. This is the first phone I have actually enjoyed owning. I am not very tech savy, yet but learning. So far the latest update has actually hleped my phone run better. I don't
    know about anyone else but I am deffinently looking to my next one but will wait another year and see what is out there. Oh yeah, I am still stock and haven't figured out how to root with out screwing it up. 66,
    I did a comparison at PC World, between the HTC & BIONIC and found there was not much difference. Bionic has te edge in processor while HTC has it in ram and storage. I would deffinelty wait to see who will
    upgrade first and what it will be. Don't rush it.

I have owned the D1 since the December after its release. I rooted it four months later and have enjoyed every minute of it. I still enjoy the device, although owning a xoom has taken my attention from the D1. I am waiting for a dual core phone before I switch. I am seriously considering the DX2, however its lack of 4g is holding me back from a committment. I live in ultra small rural Ohio, so I am not sure when I will get 4g. Although I am quite certain we will see it last in the market. If I knew it was going to approach the two year mark from now, I would get a DX2 tomorrow. I don't really care about the front facing camera. While it is a cool feature, everyone I know lives here, I know what they look like, see them everyday...etc...I just don't need that feature. I am concerned about the locked bootloader, however DroidLife.com has evidence that the DX2 can be rooted using Gingerroot.apk like the DX1. If that is the case, customization will be just around the corner. Can anyone confirm that information? As for now, I will continue to own, enjoy, and rock the D1 with Project Elite Gingerbread 2.3.2 overclocked at 1.1 ghz...plenty fast for me.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Just bought an og Droid to mess around with. Definitely a great phone. The smaller screen is the only thing I can't get used to. I'm tethering it from my x for now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links