Dedicated OG Droid Owners

This is a discussion on Dedicated OG Droid Owners within the Motorola Droid forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; So lets fire up this forum with some discussion.. To all the fellow Droid 1 owners.. You are dedicated to the original and in my ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated OG Droid Owners

Dedicated OG Droid Owners

So lets fire up this forum with some discussion.. To all the fellow Droid 1 owners.. You are dedicated to the original and in my opinion the best so far for Android... Hows it going for you? You rooted? Unrooted? Waiting for the next big thing? Hows your Droid working for you and are you holding out still?

I know we have a lot on the horizon. Thunderbolt, Bionic, and more to come, but what is holding you back. Why are you still holding on to your Droid 1..

Me I know that Droid 1 was groundbreaking when it came out. To this date I feel that it is the most customizable Droid with the power that matches all that is out right now. Sure we got a stock 550 mhz phone with 3.5 inch screen and a jammed together QWERTY, but it works. For me being able to keep the custom ROMs going and being able to have the freedom to do what I want when I want keeps me tied to my Droid. There has been some great phones coming out. For many carriers at that. X, Droid 2, Global, Evo 4G, G2 and many others. But nothing to match what the Droid can do. I feel that is about to change with dual core phones and LTE coming out for Verizon, but for now Droid 1 all the way...

Share your thoughts??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    By Original do you mean first one at the store on the morning of November the 6th 2009 - if so, that's me -

still rockin' it, mint condition rooted UD/GB 1.2Ghz patiently awaiting the Bionic

I've had mine since March and it hasn't let me down at all. I'm so glad that I didn't wait for the iPhone like I had originally planned.

Rooted D1 running Saphire 2.0 @ 1Ghz. I love it, but I'm waiting for a new Droid without an ugly UI (Blur, sense, bleh)

I got mine in March too, and rooted it a couple of weeks later. Like most, I try ROMs out, but I've settled with CyanogenMod for the moment.

I'll upgrade when the time comes, but I'll be patient til then.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App
    T-Mobile G2X...

I got my Droid on launch weekend, no other device has tempted me away yet. Rooted and currently running PE 4.1

I will upgrade in July, I admit I am looking forward to more memory/RAM. I just hope that something available this summer will be as amazingly easy to root and customize as my Droid!

Got mine in May rooted next day never looked back. Running CM 6.1.2 p3Droid kernel. Looking real hard at the new Bionic.

I have had mine since the end of March and am very happy. I am rooted, change ROM's and themes often, switch kernels, etc.

No interest in the Iphone.

I am not due for an upgrade until this year, probably summer. Only "wish" list is more RAM and a slightly larger screen than the OG1. I think I can now do w/o a physical keyboard.

Bionic sounds promising and interesting. I don't need 4g as I live in a very rural area which will probably be the last to be upgraded.

Other than that, I can wait and will work the Droid 1 to it no longer functions. It still suits my needs.

I've had mine since day one, and only with the release of the Thuderbolt and the Atrix(which it will be excruciating waiting for it to come to Verizon) have I even thought about upgrading. I'll probably never ditch the droid though. Running MIUI v1.07 and it's amazing....

On OG Droid. Stock at the moment, but am planning to reroot since I haven't been rooted for a few months and want to see what they've done with roms.

The Bionic looks to be one hell of a phone. I played around with one (pre production model made specifically for CES) and it was smooth as butter. It was running 2.2, but they said it should be on 2.3 on release. I love my Droid though, the main thing that will get me to upgrade will be 4G, so I'll likely wait until it's available in my area (outside LA). They say it should be **SOON** but we all know what that means...heh

**EDIT** BTW BCrawford, the Bionic is the same phone as the Atrix, but the Atrix has 1GB of ram (vs 512, why they did that I'll never know). The Atrix also has the dock deal, but the Moto rep hinted that the Bionic will get that as well (but would not confirm). I'm betting AT&T has an exclusivity window on the accessory.
    Last edited by dmodert66; 01-15-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links