11/6/2009 MotoDroid Owners - Join Up

This is a discussion on 11/6/2009 MotoDroid Owners - Join Up within the Motorola Droid forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; This is THE best phone ever! Going to be hard pressed to find a better device! Sent from my Droid using Android.net App...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/6/2009 MotoDroid Owners - Join Up

This is THE best phone ever! Going to be hard pressed to find a better device!

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

While I have what appears to be a milestone, as I live in China and have never even seen a droid and don't know the difference I hope you all don't mind me saying hello to this group. Looking forward to getting some more knowledge about these phones

Sent from my Milestone using Android.net App

Count me in w/ this thread! What's REALLY great about the OG droid isn't the spec's (which were top notch @ release but now clearly are beat by newer phones), or the physical keyboard (oh Swype, you rule). What makes this year plus "old" phone the best? Combo of the "unlocked bootloader" (I know, it's not really unlocked, but we can run ASOP ROMs so let's just leave the unlocked bootloader comments alone) and the tons of developers working on it (not that I am one.)

Without all the ROM options, I would've gotten sick of this phone months ago, but being a flash-a-holic, I can always mess with the phone to make it look & feel totally different (see: MIUI).

Basically, as solid as the phone was on release date, the reason I've stuck with it (and will do so until I know there's a 100% developer-friendly LTE phone...I'm looking at you LG...come on!) is because the developers have utterly destroyed any and all expectations of where the phone can take us.

So yeah...THANK YOU DEVELOPERS FOR CONTINUING TO MAKE THIS THE BEST VERIZON PHONE FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T STAND THE STANDARD STATUS QUO.
    Last edited by Icculus760; 01-22-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: the reason, as always, is because i'm an idiot

I got mine on release day. Traded "UP" from a Moto KRAZR.
    Back then, I thought having an MP3 player was the coolest feature.
    That ALL changed on 11-6-09. Been flashing ROMs since Pete unleashed his "Beauty" and "Beast" ROMs.

To all developers, THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!

And, I'll hang on to my OG Droid until something really great hits the scene.

I love my OG droid! Was getting tired of it and wanted to get a new phone, then I started learning about rooting. I LOVE this ohone now. Sourcery ROM has made it SO much better. Thanks to all the DEVS!!!

I bought mine. On 11-6-09... Used it on Verizon's network for about 5 months... Now,fully flashed to Cricket! Running Liquid Smooth ROM version. 3.2 over clocked to 1.2Ghz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links