Favorite Roms?

This is a discussion on Favorite Roms? within the Motorola Droid forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I just wanted to start this thread to see what everyones favorite rooms are. I personally like CM and Project Elite and I have tried ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Roms?

Favorite Roms?

I just wanted to start this thread to see what everyones favorite rooms are. I personally like CM and Project Elite and I have tried a whole lot more and I wanted to see what else everybody thought was good so I can try it too!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Was running CM for a bit then Sapphire. Now though UD 2.5 and waiting for 3.0 to get just a little more final.

Have only ever run ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning. Just updated to v4.96. Now that I have upgraded to the droid X I have been extremely tempted to try Sapphire and the Avalon theme along with MIUI.
    I am not currently running anything on my Droid X yet, it is just rooted for the time being.
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

I've run UD, ChevyNo1, ShadowRom, CyanogenMod, Project Elite and now Liquid Gingerbread. I really liked ShadowRom, but they seem to have gone away, CyanogenMod was my next fave, but LGB is very good. I'm going to give it some time and see how it develops.
    Last edited by Lindel; 01-23-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    T-Mobile G2X...

Twitter
    guidot42
    GimpSource.

GimpMod.

DavrosMod.

MetiCkMod.

Sent from my GimpDroid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindel View Post
    I've run UD, ChevyNo1, ShadowRom, CyanogenMod, Project Elite and now Liquid Gingerbread. I really liked ShadowRom, but they seem to have gone away, CyanogenMod was my next fave, but LGB is very good. I'm going to give it some time and see how it develops.
    The problem I have with a lot of ROMs is that so many of them basically slightly tweak cyanogen. That's why I didn't like ShadowROM all that much. It felt too much like CM IMHO.

And for everyone else, any good solid gingerbread rom suggestions other than the CM nighties?

Android Enthusiast OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    I like the OneTenderRebel Rom personally, well actually it hasn't been created yet and most likely never will. But to be safe I took out a patent on the name anyways. I feel like it was a wise decision overall and at some point I will reap the benefits.
    To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock.overcash View Post
    The problem I have with a lot of ROMs is that so many of them basically slightly tweak cyanogen. That's why I didn't like ShadowROM all that much. It felt too much like CM IMHO.

And for everyone else, any good solid gingerbread rom suggestions other than the CM nighties?
    Liquid is pretty good, but it has most of the same issues as all the other Gingerbread ROMs at this point. Best to let them all mature a bit.
    T-Mobile G2X...

I've never run CM on my phone, but Project Elite v4.2 is shaweeeeeet. I used to run Chevy, but I started trying out other roms, and I never went to another after finding PE (sorry Chevy!), it just works so smoothly on my phone. The standard kernel he packaged with it works best for me too. I tried using chevy's, but they didn't like the rom on my phone.

I'm a D1 owner since release day. I've been flashing ROMs since Pete's Bugless was a "Beauty". Tried just about every ROM out there, Bugless Beast, Ultimate Droid, Sapphire, Simply Stunning, Sourcery, CyanogenMod, Liquid Frozen Yogurt, Project Elite, GimpSource and many others. Flashed just as many Kernels and Themes for most of them. Right now, I really like Project Elite 4.2. The look, feel and customizations are so nice I haven't even changed the theme or Kernel. Besides a few of my own touch in the framework to change the icons in the status bar.

But that might all change, once the Gingerbread ROMs get finished baking.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links