Rooting the Motorola i1

This is a discussion on Rooting the Motorola i1 within the Motorola i1 Hacks forums, part of the Motorola i1 category; When I tried the Send key + Center Key + Power Button I get the phone to boot up a black screen with white font ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooting the Motorola i1

When I tried the Send key + Center Key + Power Button I get the phone to boot up a black screen with white font displaying:

MBM 0B.20
    Zeus P80 S14
    M0 R03
    AP Prd BP Prd
    UID 4114D6BA
    0F0916
    Flash 20BC
    Err:A5,62,63,01,32

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

Nextel iden flash

I have figured out that we are going to need to use xflash software to communicate with the droid. I went to motorola developers website and found the drivers for the i1. They have the i1 addon for the sdk development, the packet has some neat stuff in it, you might check it out. Let me know if you guys figure anything out on this, I am desperate to root my i1.

im so waitinn 2 get a custom rom 4 my boost i1..im comin 4rm windows mobile 2 an android giving it a shot and waiting to see itts capabilities...anything i can do 2 help juss let me know.. i stay on da net doin research

A suggestion to the admin of this forum and to the users: A challenge to Motorola has been posted in Motorola's support forums asking Motorola to release some code and drivers to allow the community to create an upgrade for this phone. We should all support the petition.
    You can find the petition or challenge in Motorola's support forums or you can Google: i1 motorola challenge.

Hi there,

I saw a folk selling a rooting service for Moto i1 since 07/07.
    Are you guys sure that no exploit have been found?
    Maybe there is an exploit, but it's just not public yet.

Also... could anyone post a way to unlock my sms service?

Thanks!

Post More Motorola I1 news and info.

Just read this news bite from the Sprint site that they will be selling the I1 starting on July 25, 2010 for $149.99 on a two year plan.

The Sprint version will have some certain business apps that is not currently on the Boostmobile version of this phone.

Now the question is will Sprint offer the I1 with Droid 1.5 or 2.1, 2.2 or Froyo? Is there two versions of the I1, one for Sprint and the other for Boostmobile? Will Motorola release a newer verision of this phone, perhaps an I1A or I2?

I can not see Sprint selling the I1 with an older version of Droid w/o offering an update to the OS to 2.1 or higher.

Can anyone look into this?

Has anyone successfully rooted their I1 to 2.1?

WARNING: This root uses the same trick that is used to root the Droid. However, the exploid file is currently bugged. Hopefully we'll have some results by the end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnifiedX View Post
    WARNING: This root uses the same trick that is used to root the Droid. However, the exploid file is currently bugged. Hopefully we'll have some results by the end of next week.
    im gettin deperate enuff 2 try but since im comin from boost shud iu mess up..means ill b droppin anotha 400 bones n cant risk it..lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links