Rooting the Motorola i1

This is a discussion on Rooting the Motorola i1 within the Motorola i1 Hacks forums, part of the Motorola i1 category; Jus a heads up..shud somethin go wrong n u gt da boot loop..--->volume buttons 2gether den green den center den power button (hold) till screen ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooting the Motorola i1

Talking

Jus a heads up..shud somethin go wrong n u gt da boot loop..--->volume buttons 2gether den green den center den power button (hold) till screen comes on den 2 seconds more n release..den u shud c a box wid a phone n boom ur back in bidness baby

Is ne1 here workin or no ov ne site workin on dis 4 out i1?..hope so.. Bn up 4rm nights 2 mornings lookin and runnin test on my phone..hoping 4 a break through.. Since i know how to get da adb and hard reset my phone in case i run into a boot load loop.. Im no longe really intimedated on a brick..so.. Ill keep tryin and let u know my process.. Hopefull some1 beats me 2 da punch..though wid out customs roms.. Der really isnt much u can do but a wifi tether n somethin else

hi.. is there a way to upgrade the i1 to the 2.x version of Android?

Quote Originally Posted by marcusdipaula View Post
    hi.. is there a way to upgrade the i1 to the 2.x version of Android?
    dont knoq bout alla dat yet homie.. we havnt got a root..i've been tryin on my phone..either im messin up or its a no go

Like i said i would get back 2 u guys.. I was almost able 2 confirmed got 2 step 18 n stuck...tryna work around it da way i did 4 steps 11 n 13 but its a no go 4 right now..but i will let u all know if i get through dis last step da root is confirmed

Question Question

hey playaz1, i too have a motorola i1 something odd happen to mine though, maybe it was because i was intalling alot of 3rd party games and apps onto my phone but it crashed on me and now the phone wont completly boot up! it turns on, the motorola logo comes up! but when it starts moving the backlight automaticlly dims and from then on it doesnt do nothing, the motorola logo just moves then freezes then moves again after about 15 to 30 seconds and it keeps repeating the same thing till the batt. dies, or till i remove the batt. myself. any sugjestions on bringing my phone back to life? without having to turn it in for repairs and wait about 7 business days and spend money :confused:

oh and fyi i'm able to preform that green button, center button and red button process and that screen comes up is there anyway that could help me on restoring or recoving my factory setting on my phone :confused:

thanks, and any suggestion is better then none...

Quote Originally Posted by diddyfromtribe View Post
    hey playaz1, i too have a motorola i1 something odd happen to mine though, maybe it was because i was intalling alot of 3rd party games and apps onto my phone but it crashed on me and now the phone wont completly boot up! it turns on, the motorola logo comes up! but when it starts moving the backlight automaticlly dims and from then on it doesnt do nothing, the motorola logo just moves then freezes then moves again after about 15 to 30 seconds and it keeps repeating the same thing till the batt. dies, or till i remove the batt. myself. any sugjestions on bringing my phone back to life? without having to turn it in for repairs and wait about 7 business days and spend money :confused:

oh and fyi i'm able to preform that green button, center button and red button process and that screen comes up is there anyway that could help me on restoring or recoving my factory setting on my phone :confused:

thanks, and any suggestion is better then none...

Dat happend 2 me wen i installed LiveHome.. so dis wat u do..cuz i was mad wen it happend 2 me n i wasnt tryna hear all dat repair 7 day ish..lol.. and wat u did was bring up jus basically im sayin da heart n soul ov da phone neways hopefully u preformed a back up--> HOLD VOLUME UP AND DOWN BUTTON+CAMERA BUTTON+GREEN+CENTER+RED=HARD RESET N A PHONE BROUGHT BACK 2 LIFE HOMIE...btw.. wen u c da "m" come on release da power but continue 2 hold da buttons before for 2 seconds then release all of them.. let it boot and u shud c a open box with a phone in front after a while..DEN (WEN UR PHONE IS ON HOME SCREEN) DO A MASTER RESET N LET IT TURN ON LIKE NORMAL WID OUT ANY BUTTONS.. n u shud b good to go homie.. prob solved!! DIS IS MORE DEN A SUGGESTION ITS A FACT.. lemme knw if errthin works out 4 ya

@ Playaz1...

good looking out big dogg, it worked! man your my savior homie. oh hit me up and let me know the update on that rooting thing it would be nice to mess around with the phone now that i know it wont brick on me without a solution hahaha, thanks to you big dogg! :D

good looking out big dogg, it worked! man your my savior homie. oh hit me up and let me know the update on that rooting thing it would be nice to mess around with the phone now that i know it wont brick on me without a solution hahaha, thanks to you big dogg! :D
    not a prob.. believe me da wait wud have killed me..lol.. n since i leanred 4rm my mistake y not share??.. but as ov right now.. NON MAJOR CAN EVEN BE DONE WITH A ROOT EVEN IF WE HAD 1..WELL AT LEAST NON MAJOR BUT MORE MINOR LIKE WIFI TETHERING AND SOMIN ELSE..BUT DA MARKET PLACE GOT SOME STUFF THO JUS SEARCH 4 EM..BUT YEA IM STILL WORKIN ON DA ROOT THING 4 US.. TRYIN OUT DIFF STUFF DIFF METHODS 4RM DIFF ANDROIDS.. C WAT WORKS... how ever i did get adb installed no prob by downloadin da motozip off da site.. a G1zip and my touchzip..n jus put em all in 1 folder.. but dat only got me up 2 18.. anyways lemme stop right here.. but yea ill get at u wid ne progress or a confirmation

ima throw 2gether an attachment or try in some way or put up da links.. but bluntly i found a way 2 install da adb EASY with a video tutorial. but da thing is wen u go 2 root... dey havent fixed da chmod 755 exploid or the ./exploid problem yet.. so da adb is like a jumpstart so wen dey fix it u already have da files.. it will b a quick process and extremly easy im think 5 min process and typing time cut to a very good minimum so no chance ov confusion.. idk.. if u still wan em ill upload da links n video.. a step by step video 2.. cuz 4 1 i got a.d.d n all dis readin aint 4 me.. so if i can get 1 good portion knocked out by viewin ima do jus dat..lol..but lemme know n i got chu

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links