Rooting the Motorola i1

This is a discussion on Rooting the Motorola i1 within the Motorola i1 Hacks forums, part of the Motorola i1 category; If you use a linux distribution you can follow this steps to make Linux detect Motorola i1: I suppose you have already installed sdk tools ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rooting the Motorola i1

Talking Motorola i1 on Linux - How to detect device

If you use a linux distribution you can follow this steps to make Linux detect Motorola i1:

I suppose you have already installed sdk tools in your system, if not just go to Android SDK | Android Developers and download and install.
    So open a terminal and go to adb aplication directory, expamle:

"user@machine$ cd /home/user/downloads/android-sdk/platform-tools/"

In directory platform-tools you can found adb aplication, now follow this steps:

1. Connect your phone to your pc
    2. Turn on "USB Debugging" on your device.
      On the device, go to the home screen, press MENU, select Applications > Development, then enable USB debugging.
    3. Setup your system to detect your device:

You need to add a rules file that contains a USB configuration for each type of device you want to use for development. Each device manufacturer uses a different vendor ID, Motorola vendor ID: 22b8

• Log in as root and create this file: /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules.
      • For Gusty/Hardy, edit the file to read:
        SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="22b8", MODE="0666"
      • For Dapper, edit the file to read:
        SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", SYSFS{idVendor}=="22b8", MODE="0666"

4. Now execute:
      chmod a+r /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules

You can verify that your device is connected by executing adb devices from your SDK platform-tools/ directory. If connected, you'll see the device name listed as a "device."

I use Ubuntu 10.10 and I use the option for Gusty/Hardy and it works well, check my device on a terminal:

hary@Lizard:~/Descargas/Android_1.5/Programacion/android-sdk/platform-tools$ ./adb devices
    List of devices attached
    1C1814BAE5D24560 device

Note: I wrote ./adb devices with (./) not adb devices and it works!
    If using the Android Debug Bridge (adb), you can issue commands with the -d flag to target your connected device.

If using Eclipse, run or debug as usual. You will be presented with a Device Chooser dialog that lists the available emulator(s) and connected device(s). Select the device upon which you want to install and run the application.

Info from Developing on a Device | Android Developers
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by danDroid View Post
    Who's planning on rooting the i1?
    Piece of cake using the rageagainstthecage exploit plus a little tweaking

ok so i went to that link on the other site.. and i c all kinds of file names and do this that and the other thing. is there any easier way to do this? or have it done for me? im affaid to fuk it up... im not realy a tech person... im just a chick that wants my phone to kick some ass. i didnt even get the phone yet i will in the next hour. but i know there will be blocks on it and ish that wont let me do what i want with it... so should i even try rooting since i know realy nothing about it and after its rooted will i stiil need to do this complicated kinda stuff to do what i want? i dont even know what i want to do yet but ive read up on the benifits of rootin.... my #1 being it works faster. please email me giddeygrl@aim.com cuz i probly wont visit this site agian. thanks.. i wat to be able to do wallpapers add my itunes. play online apps. n download apps. use aim .... maby even stickam.com a webcam chat site if possible... i want it to make be breakfast in bed if possible lol. maby it already has all this i realy dont know.... like i said im not a tech geek.... i so dont mean that in a bad way... i think its awesome people can do this stuff :P please help im an idiot lol.

would like to root my i1

I'm trying to root my phone if any one figures it out please let me know

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links