Rooting the Motorola i1

This is a discussion on Rooting the Motorola i1 within the Motorola i1 Hacks forums, part of the Motorola i1 category; Who's planning on rooting the i1?...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rooting the Motorola i1

danDroid

Rooting the Motorola i1

Who's planning on rooting the i1?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i'm willing to try it with mine. i just need some more specific info on how to actually do it on the i1

Quote Originally Posted by panaphobic View Post
    i'm willing to try it with mine. i just need some more specific info on how to actually do it on the i1

Same here... I'm working on it. If someone beats me to it, that's fine... in the meantime I'll try to keep you updated on any progress.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by panaphobic View Post

Same here... I'm working on it. If someone beats me to it, that's fine... in the meantime I'll try to keep you updated on any progress.

I too am attempting this. I can't seem to find how to get to recovery or fastboot though, so I am pretty well stuck. Can't find recovery from ADB either.

Has any one had any luck on booting into or finding either recovery of fastboot?

danDroid
    I haven't heard of anything just yet, I'll do some research tonight and see what I can dig up.

Some things I have found:
    1. If you hold the green send key and the center key on boot up you get a screen that looks like it would be fastboot but the device doest show in fastboot devices from the SDK. I am also trying it on windows 7 64 bit. Can anyone try it from XP to verify.

2. Most of the file system is read only, no surprise there. But /data/local is read/write. I put su there and installed Superuser.apk. If I run /data/local/su, the superuser app pops up asking for permission. The problem is the app looks for su in /system/bin. I am looking into building the app from source to tell it to look in /data/local.

In theory, if I get the app to find su I can then mount the system as read/write and put su where it is supposed to be giving us a true root. But without fastboot or recovery there would be no way to use custom roms.

Hi guys
    Im trying to fast boot from linux but the green send key + center key dosent seems to leave any impression on the device...

Quote Originally Posted by Erez View Post
    Hi guys
    Im trying to fast boot from linux but the green send key + center key dosent seems to leave any impression on the device...
    Unplug the USB, take out battery and replace. Hold send key and center button (make sure not to press up, down or left right) then while holding those two press pwr.

should go to the questionable screen within 1-3 seconds?

AVX
    Any Luck guys?

Rooting the i1

I did the combo and got my computer to start communication via the usb but it could not find the driver for "S Blank Zeus driver". Any ideas on this driver or do you think I should go in through my linux machine?

Thanks,
    Guito

Also, if you are interested this link will take you to V2.2 http://droidtc.com/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links