Motorola i1 Problems

This is a discussion on Motorola i1 Problems within the Motorola i1 Tech Support forums, part of the Motorola i1 category; Hello I'm new to this forum and wold like to share some info on the i1 . Okay first off the i1 is an amazing ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola i1 Problems

YouTube on the Motorola i1

Hello I'm new to this forum and wold like to share some info on the i1 . Okay first off the i1 is an amazing phone for iDEN, its a big step . The reason for the 1.5 Android OS is so that NEXTEL | had a stable established platform to run the iDEN Network on . Also the device only comes pre-loaded with a 2GB. Micro SD . When purchasing this Device I recommend buying no smaller then an 8GB. to use 16 to 32GB. are where you notice performance in speed . A lot of people wonder about YouTube... well YouTube can not be watched without YouTube.apk . Download the YouTube.apk available at rapidshare to your desktop and connect your data cable and open the apps folder and drag and drop the YouTube.apk to it and then disconnect it after this enter the Setup in the app-tray and skip until you see install Apps from SD select YouTube.apk install turn on WiFi and Enjoy full YouTube . I also recommend Super Security to protect your i1 from MalWare and other threats . I've also noticed that it is better to Setup the phone for the first time with WiFi switched on . Also Texting is always going to vary from time to time depending on how many users there are on the Network at the given time . iDEN is like a bank first come first serve . Text's may take time depending on the traffic basically . You can if someone you talk to a lot doesn't mind have them set the priority of the message to Urgent or *HIGH* . NEXTEL | was never aimed at Texting but more of a Mobile Office in your hands .

Exclamation Motorola i1

I've had the i1 for a little over 2 weeks...at 1st had some problems with it freezing up and having to force close or remove battery and restart. Seems like its getting better now ( i hope ), the other issue I notice it gets pretty warm if i'm on it for a while, is that normal? This morning when the alarm was going off, i picked it up to shut the alarm up and it was really HOT ...i have no idea what this would be from. It was on the charger all night (about 7 hours) and had only charged 60%? I'm not sure if mines defective or what. No issues today durring work today. I'll see if it happens again, if so might switch to the Evo. Any ideas or comment will be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Angry texting trouble

i have went through all the standard trouble shooting, even went to the store. I am unable to send or receive text on my i1 what is the problem?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by danDroid View Post
    Having problems with the Motorola i1? Let us know, we are here to help!
    please help me i have went through all the standard troubleshooting resets sending text to myself had my ip adress changed updated my system....i still cannot send or recive text!1 im getting so mad i wanna take it back! please help me!!

Have you tried exchanging it for a new one?

hatemyi1....sounds a little harsh. Sometimes people do get a buggy phone that just has issues. If i were in your shoes i would go to Sprint and have them fix your phone. If and when they cant, get a replacement (assuming you are within the 30 day trial or have insurance)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    I've had the i1 for a little over 2 weeks...at 1st had some problems with it freezing up and having to force close or remove battery and restart. Seems like its getting better now ( i hope ), the other issue I notice it gets pretty warm if i'm on it for a while, is that normal? This morning when the alarm was going off, i picked it up to shut the alarm up and it was really HOT ...i have no idea what this would be from. It was on the charger all night (about 7 hours) and had only charged 60%? I'm not sure if mines defective or what. No issues today durring work today. I'll see if it happens again, if so might switch to the Evo. Any ideas or comment will be appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    I seemed to have had a similar problem with my phone not taking a charge, and i noticed that allot of apps were still running so i shut off all the apps and my phone seemed to have started charging like it was supposed to also my phone gets a little warm to when it has been doing things like running apps or I've been talking on it for awhile. hope that the info about the apps running helps

i1 Freezing and Hot Battery .

Mine froze up a lot ! It was caused by to much data, trying to pass . Also the battery I've noticed on any Android may say 100 %, 60 %, and so on . Well one thing is the Battery of a Smart Phone is mint to be charged when the device is off . A lot of time the actual OS tells the battery it is charged and it won't be . Also it uses the battery to store old Data and it can get hung (Battery Pull) . If you download the Battery Widget that shows that its charging look at the symbol and make sure it is the charger sign, mine did it and I looked and it had the USB symbol below only allowing a 60% charge, take a plain old Micro USB charger and see if it doesn't charge up and stay normal temp .

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post

Texting

Texting on the i1 can be odd mine didn't work for awhile . Go to Setting, Network Management, Master Reset, 000000 (no more the 7 times you can burn up you SIM) .

Quote Originally Posted by hatemyi1 View Post
    i have went through all the standard trouble shooting, even went to the store. I am unable to send or receive text on my i1 what is the problem?

Angry Battery life

I am on the second i1! Battery does not last more than 3-4 hours with no applications running. I even downloaded the jkapplication to monitor applications that are open and when all were closed the phone still does not keep the charge. The phone also does not charge more than 90%. This according to all of the other forums is and has been an issue.:iphone:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links