Motorola i1 Problems

This is a discussion on Motorola i1 Problems within the Motorola i1 Tech Support forums, part of the Motorola i1 category; Originally Posted by Kody.A.Baker88 I see your new to NEXTEL | and well... welcome to 1.75G speeds . NEXTEL's Voice system runs of a complex ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Motorola i1 Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Kody.A.Baker88 View Post
    I see your new to NEXTEL | and well... welcome to 1.75G speeds . NEXTEL's Voice system runs of a complex system developed by Motorola in 1994 to incorporate a two-way Duplex radio with a mobile phone . NEXTEL | can only use iDEN (Integrated Digitally Enhanced Network) based towers an will not roam on any other network's tower's, also there phone's are based off of TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) & GSM (hints the SIM Card) they are still and Analog service with slight Digital integration the globe at the top is for data only, you can Direct Connect (Walkie-Talkie) and make calls . The phone has an IP address that utilizes the Data Network . So in a nutshell NEXTEL | is a one operation at a time phone and the i1 sticks to its roots and that is Motorola iDEN services . Mostly used in Public Safety operations, Government, Military, and so on they are not mint for Text Junkie's just or Web Junkie's . If you must have Data 24/7 then go with a GSM (AT&T or T-Mobile) or a CDMA (Verizon or Sprint being on top)(any non-SIM Carded phone) I work a Sprint if you need any help just shoot me a message back .
    Several comments in this post are factually incorrect. First, the iDen network is a 2.5G network, not a 1.75. Second, it is not analog, it is all digital and all voice, data and Direct Connect calls are encrypted digital, and have been for years. Third, the phone communicates with the network over various channels simultaneously (messaging and control chanels, in addition to voice), so it performs multiple operations at the same time.

It is correct that there are faster data offerings available from Sprint and other carriers.

Exclamation

everytime i try to delete a whole thread the messaging app stops working and forces me to close it. any solutions?

Constant rebooting

I know three of us that own the i1 and we all have the same problem of the phone rebooting randomly several times a day... Sometimes when I'm doing something simple like send a text, it will reboot THREE times before I can send out the text.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by danDroid View Post
    Having problems with the Motorola i1? Let us know, we are here to help!
    what apps come in the micro sd card? i think i might have tooken the card out and apps got deleted. also this micro sd card alert wont go away from the top of my main screen. when i click on it says removed sd card,the SD had been removed.Insert a new sd card. ive tried taking it out then putting it back in and reseting my phone. PLEASE HELP I CANT USE MY CAMERA also

Can't download apps

My motorola i1 was working great with not issues. The last week a fews apps said they had updates. The download always failed. I can not install any updates or new apps. I did a feature reset hoping this would fix it... nothing. I just did Master Clear and still I can not download apps... and of course now I have no apps!! any ideas?

i1 android phone came with 1.5 OS version and those can't backup to your gmail account.

Quote Originally Posted by dodger82 View Post
    Im having a problem with my i1 phone, when making a call i cant use my dial pad, i can press the buttons but it doesnt respond, like when making a payment over the phone, when i press a number it wont work. Is this a problem with my phone or is that just how the fone is?
    I have the same issue. you have to be fast and as soon you have the call going out push the menu button; you will see at the top of the menu an option to open a dial pad. If you take more than 5 seconds this will not show and when you bring the other dial pad this will not work because the tones are not the one the regular dial pad have it
    I know this is not an answer why this happen or how to fix it, but at least you have the way to know to do it fast

Quote Originally Posted by sap252 View Post
    I'm having a lot of problems with my i1. I think that I got the phone too early. Has anyone seen any software updates or anything being distributed? Here are some of my problems:

1. My work email (not gmail) takes forever to load messages. It will say loading for like 10 mins in some cases more before the text comes through. Especially if the sender has a business card loaded to the signature of the email, which is common.
    2. I can't open attachments on email. My blackberry I was able to do this with no problem.
    3. My text messaging is very slow to browse through screens. ie If I want to browse through a number of different conversation I am having it takes forever.
    4. I am trying to delete some text messages from my phone to speed up to application and when I am going to delete all threads the contact's name stays in the list but all of the information that was contained in the message is gone. If I try to delete messages individually the message sometimes goes away but it takes forever.
    5. Very frequently an error message pops up and make me force close or wait for the application to respond.

Needless to say I am very disappointed with the new i1. If anyone has had similar issues and found a solution please contact me or reply. I like the idea of the phone but it's functionality is not there. Please help!
    I have the same #1 issue you have. Any yahoo, gmail or hotmail are easy to set up. The one I set up from my company took me more steps and to know the POP3, SSL, ports to set up correctly. Any way after I have the conection working it download all the emails from my accounts (3 emails accounts) but when I want to open the company emails (one by one) it took for ever to download, forget if is an ttachment.
    Same problems with my text, slow, it took 2 minutes some times to receive a text.
    I agree my blackberry did a better job, and it use the same nextel towers, so that means boost have only a third of the bandwith of nextel towers or google corporate email servers are not as fast than blackberry...who have the answer before I return the phone to teh store and just get a regular blackberry from boost.

i1 Camera & Camcorder problem

Was wondering if someone could help me: my camera and camcorder, when its open its upside down!! never had this problem before and i cant figure out how to change the orientation, i really cant take and pictures or videos because of this

Exclamation Gen error 481

Is anyone else having service issues with Motorola i1 "General error 481" in 33825 area code? My calls are dropping. Nov 14, 2011. I have tried everything, taking the battery out. I turned my phone off for the entire night.

Is this a network issue that will resolve or should I take my phone in to be serviced?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links