20 Tips to Improve Battery Life

This is a discussion on 20 Tips to Improve Battery Life within the Motorola i1 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Grimlock1973 I'm going to order the Seidio extended life battery listed below as soon as it's available. That way I can have ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20 Tips to Improve Battery Life

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock1973 View Post
    I'm going to order the Seidio extended life battery listed below as soon as it's available. That way I can have all the goodies running all the time and don't have to worry about battery life! Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery
    For use with HTC EVO 4G
    Coming Soon!
    Any update on the battery and how it works with the new EVO?

ARH
    what is rooted is it good and if so how do I know if I'm rooted or not

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    I recommend using SystemPanel because it actually shows you how much processor a specific app is using. It also separates the list into 3 categories: active, inactive, and system. If the app is inactive, there's no reason to kill it.

Thanks MetalHead! I will download this and will let you know my progress. Bottom line is to save battery life so if this works, then I have no problem..thanks again.

Metal Head you saved the day with your battery tips. They helped tremendously! Now I've learned to look at the phone more like a laptop. After I turn it on I have to "log In" to my email or open a folder and then close them when I'm done. It only takes a second. I can still get the most out of my new EVO with out having all things running all the time. The result was a dead battery in 4 hours out of the box. After your tips it's lasting most of the day with normal use. I have regained hope that I can hold on until sprint comes out with better solutions and or battery's. Someday I'll see my live wall paper again glowing vs the boring black background but at least I can call my girfriend on the way home from work.

I can't take credit for them, they were just a repost but some of those tips really helped me out and I'm glad that they are helping others out too. I have no issues whatsoever with battery, even with moderate to heavy use. As long as I'm not constantly playing games on it (which i usually am) I still have over 50% by bedtime.

You failed to copy and paste her statement asking people not to copy and paste the entire post. As that would be an infringement of her copyrights.

I'm just sayin'

--
    Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wrecklass View Post
    You failed to copy and paste her statement asking people not to copy and paste the entire post. As that would be an infringement of her copyrights.

I'm just sayin'
    Well, it's not actually copyright infringement (at least I don't think it is) and even so, I'm 92% sure those disclaimers were not there when I originally posted it.

Android Lurker billy_sprintdroids's Avatar
    Nice post MetalHead! Using a black background can also use a lot less power. You can Google in black at http://bGoog.com and they explain how it works at http://bGoog.com/about.

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Nice post MetalHead! Using a black background can also use a lot less power. You can Google in black at http://bGoog.com and they explain how it works at http://bGoog.com/about.
    Unfortunately this is a myth. If you were using a CRT monitor this would provide a very tiny amount of energy improvement. LCD screens use the same energy no matter what is displayed.

http://www.uxmag.com/technology/dark-google-myth

There is actually a downside to using dark backgrounds, it causes people to increase their screen brightness settings which does use more power. It is better to use a light background and turn down the brightness.

Believe me Google has studied this, and if this worked they would have a black background on the search pages.

--
    Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Wrecklass is right, a black wallpaper won't do anything all to help extend your battery life. With the way a lcd works, it makes no difference what color your background is because it takes just as much power to turn the pixels black as it does white and because the backlight is still on just the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links